News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Cast in Bronze

Started by Lady Tess, July 04, 2008, 07:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Tess

I was on the website and they've added Cast in Bronze this year! I've seen youtube videos of this and it looks like an interesting show to see live... I can't wait!

Wandering Rogue

I too am looking forward to seeing Cast in Bronze! I have a couple of his CDs, and have been wanting to see him live for years.
Ale cures what ails you
A full tankard is a happy tankard

Trillium

Y'all are in for a treat!!  He is an amazing musician to watch and feeling those bells vibrate through the air is awesome!!
Got faerie dust?

susannah

I've heard Cast in Bronze on the renaissancefestival podcast and have really enjoyed the music of the bells. Looking forward to seeing him live!!
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

cowgrrl

Cast in Bronze is one of our families favorite shows at Faire.  If you are lucky enough to hear him play 'O Fortuna' you will be blown away!  Even on the CD, its just not the same as seeing him live.

A complete aside but we bought the complete CiB package this year at Faire (5CDs & the DVD).  My mom was in town last month & I grabbed one of them to listen to in the car.  She knew absolutely nothing about CiB but was very impressed & even said 'I think I'd like one of these CDs for my birthday or something'. 

Scarlett

Cast in Bronze is fabulous.  We get to see him in Pittsburgh.  The bells can be heard throughout the shire.  Which can be good and bad.  LOL.
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Poof Bird

I saw him at Disney World years and years ago!  My mum was so taken aback by the idea of it.  She's quite jealous that I get to come down and see him this season!

Molden

I agree - Ya'll are in for a Treat! I catch Cast In Bronze at both TRF and Scarborough Faire.

I like to catch him at the end of the day at TRF. Instead of sitting in the audience, I usually lay out on the grass in the clearing behind the audience. It's always a great way to prepare for the final act of Faire that evening.
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Wandering Rogue

I just noticed on the Cast in Bronze website, that he'll be at both TRF and CRF this year.
Ale cures what ails you

Tipsy Gypsy

How's that going to work??
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Wandering Rogue

I wonder if he came across, or had a another carillon built, and has someone playing the second one?
Ale cures what ails you