News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Is it too soon to start a countdown for 2013?

Started by Alaric, May 16, 2013, 10:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric

I think not  :P 

This time of year I start getting ansty in anticipation of another season!

I don't do facebook (Well not on a personal level) Have their been any announcements of new things for the 2013 season?

arbcoind

It's not too soon for a 2013 countdown.  I know of nothing new for this year.  But it is still early.

Gina

Alaric

Looks like they revamped the website...  Im not certain but I think one of the pics in their rotating banner is not from the pgh faire.

Also they should delete the first default comment that WordPress adds when you create a new WordPress website  :P

arbcoind

Yes, the website has been revamped.  They use pics from CORF!  Looks like themed weekends are the same.  Makes garb plotting pretty easy.
Gina

Alaric

Yeah they have been the same for the last several years... Tho a small part of me was hoping that it was placeholder and they would announce something different for this year.

I am really curious if they have done any more improvements to the grounds

I only have one set of garb so my only tough choices is if it is too hot to wear my doublet or not  :P 

I'm thinking about getting new garb this year tho I may not have any of it until after the PGH run is over. 

arbcoind

I am on FB, so I'll keep an eye out over there for updates and I'll post here if anything new is announced.  Agreed, hot = way less garb.

Gina

SirRichardBear

Well if things work out will be visiting from North Texas Labor day weekend.  Been five or six years since we've been up, looking forward to seeing what has changed.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Alaric

Quote from: SirRichardBear on June 05, 2013, 03:27:20 PM
Well if things work out will be visiting from North Texas Labor day weekend.  Been five or six years since we've been up, looking forward to seeing what has changed.

Awesome!

I hope the weather is great for your visit.

arbcoind

SirRichardBear,

I think you will be impressed with the changes/improvements in the past 6 years. 

Gina

SirRichardBear

Thanks for the welcome.  Alaric I'm not worried about the weather I've been to faire in everything from snow to monsoon to 110 heat.  But a nice sunny day in the upper 80's or lower 90's would be nice. 

arbcoind I know some of the ventors and performers and have heard good things about the changes over the last few years.  Looking forward to seeing them myself.

Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

arbcoind

Quote from: SirRichardBear on June 06, 2013, 11:57:57 AMLooking forward to seeing them myself.

We are looking forward to seeing you.  I'll be at Festival each Saturday.  Our weather could be anything the first weekend of September, but you already know that if you are from southwestern PA.

Gina

SirRichardBear

BVA class of 74  Penn State class of 79.  Still have lots of family in the area I visit just have not been up in Aug or Sept for a number of years.  Looking forward to the cool temps up there.

In texas its 80-90 cool, 90-100 warm, 100-110 hot and 110+ damn hot.
Benjamin Franklin

arbcoind

Since this is the countdown thread....78 days to go!

SirRichardBear, you don't have to worry about temps here in the 100s.  Thank goodness.  I'm glad you are coming for a visit to the old stomping grounds!  Will  you be staying in the BV area?

Gina

SirRichardBear

Not in BV itself out in the country family as a farm about 15 minutes from faire off route 51.   for me its 85 days an counting.
Benjamin Franklin

arbcoind