News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Hamster-Related Inquiry

Started by Trigger, May 28, 2013, 03:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigger

Hello from Texas! Scarborough Faire to be exact. I have.. a strange inquiry. So.. years ago when Rendezvous was held at Scarborough Faire, I was able to adopt a furry little friend who quickly took the role as my navigator and sat in the front corner of my tri-corn whenever we went to faire. Sadly, I believe he has been kidnapped as I cannot find him anywhere.  :'( He was tan with black spots and had an eye-patch and a peg-leg and his name was Winker (not to be confused with 'wanker' but uttered about as frequently). Anyhow, my query is this. Are the hamsters still being adopted out at this time or have they ceased to exist? If they are still available for adoption, could someone point me in the right direction to see about getting a replacement for dear Winker? Many thanks!
look up into the stars, and you're gone.
-fight club

CapnJack

OH NO!  I was just talking to Demetrius about these little furry pals yesterday, on the way back to CO from your faire.  As far as I know, they are still around and up for adoption, but you may need to make a special request.  You can see the Etsy shop here where they used to be advertised:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/WooleyQ?ref=exp_listing#

Sadly, it looks like there aren't any up there nowadays, but I'm sure if you asked REEEEAAAAALY nice, the Hamster King would be kind enough to bestow a new furry friend upon you.
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Trigger

Thank you for your reply! I'll have to message them on etsy and hope it reaches the Hamster King! If you have any more info, please message me as I sorely miss my little pal. :(
look up into the stars, and you're gone.
-fight club

Celtic Rune Stones

Quote from: Trigger on May 29, 2013, 01:16:01 PM
Thank you for your reply! I'll have to message them on etsy and hope it reaches the Hamster King! If you have any more info, please message me as I sorely miss my little pal. :(

My experience at faire regarding the hamsters of which you speak is that they have an affection for garlic, and can be found lurking amongst the wares of the Garlic Garni sellers booth.  ;)

My life is loosely based on a true story...