News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pirate Days in Texas?

Started by StilettoWolf, May 28, 2013, 10:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StilettoWolf

Are they still doing that? In fact is there any dedicated pirate festivals in Texas anymore?

DonaCatalina

Address : Stewart's Creek Park, 3700 Sparks Road
Phone : 972-625-1240    (Always call and confirm events.)
Web Address : www.piratedays.org

The website is gone; but you might try the phone number.
But my feeling is no, they are not planning another one.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

tiberiusflynn

I find it sad that Galveston, which actually has pirate history, one of the last original tall ships in existence that is not a repica and is constantly in want of income and tourism but has no Pirate festivals whatsoever. Their "pirate museum" whilst fun is not a true pirate museum and is extremly child oriented and based on nothing but Jean Laffite.

I was once in talks with a bloke about starting one up down there but it fell through.

StilettoWolf

Well tiberiusflynn, if anything down there ever happens do let me know. The crew went to the one down there and they really loved it. I'll admit I am a bit jealous of their stories. I would love to manage to hit dedicated pirate festival with my crew.

As usual, the only problem is getting the Capitol to go down and do so. But if someone were to pay us, we'll go anywhere!

Damn that whole money thing, I fear it is e bane of most of us.