News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Getting my Wife to Love Faire

Started by Don Giovanni de' Medici, August 27, 2012, 02:33:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aderin

Quote from: arbcoind on August 28, 2012, 08:52:17 AM
Quote from: BLAKDUKE on August 27, 2012, 05:35:32 PMI did the only sensible thing available..... I got rid of her.

Ha,ha,ha.  My long term BF doesn't care for faire.  He's been a few times and calls it "paying a cover charge to drink in the woods and look at bewbs".

So I go by myself.  I prefer it.  I can be a total wench and he doesn't have to look at it.

Gina

Good for you!!
"There is always hope." - Aragorn

Life is the School, Love is the Lesson.

Aderin

Quote from: insidiousraven on August 28, 2012, 09:11:18 AM
Even if you get them to like faire, you might not like the same things.  My BF loves to go dressed up, but he hates sitting through shows and music, and just likes to shop.  I never get to see any shows if I go with him!

Indeed! I have that same problem with my fiance'

Aderin

Quote from: Toua Taru on August 28, 2012, 04:48:58 PM
My boyfriend was not impressed with the idea of going to fair with me. He thought it was stupid and it got me nervous that he would hate it. I can openly admit that I was able to coax him into going by letting him drink all the beer he wanted and turkey legs, and he said he wouldn't go in garb. His first experience was definitely a sucess garb or no garb.

We got in and sat down to watch Moonie's performance and Moonie called him up on stage! He had fun with that. He really started to enjoy the faire and I have to say I was jealous. He got more comments and compliments about his turkey leg than I got about my garb. He can't wait to go back.

I'm sure she'll find something at faire to enjoy and each faire offers something of their own.

Haha, strange happenings! Glad to hear he was grinning at his first faire day!