News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

White Hart Renaissance Faire, anyone?

Started by iain robb, June 10, 2013, 06:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain robb

Anyone going to White Hart Renaissance Faire this coming Saturday? It's right on the way to a conference I have to attend the following week, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Craigmeister

I won't be able to attend but I've heard that it is under new management.  I know that Ezndil is performing there.  They are very much worth the time to experience.  They are great people!  Mike loves to sing "The Rocky Road To Dublin" if they ask for requests.  :-D

I'm promoting the faire on my FB page and at www.meistersrealm.com
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

iain robb

Thanks! I'll be sure to look them up. As I said, we just happen to have a conference Monday-Friday nearby, and figured it'd be worthwhile to go up a couple of days early and take a gander. I'll be sure and follow up too.

iain robb

Well, in case anyone is thinking of going the second weekend, or would be interested in next year, I should say: We went on opening Saturday and had a very nice time.

This is a very small fair. Even that may make you think it is larger than it actually is. But I think that was part of the charm. People were friendly, and had plenty of time to talk. Craftspeople -- several of whom were making things on site -- made up most of the vendors. I picked up a ceramic flask from a potter.

I think they're hurt a bit by the location -- about an hour outside Springfield, Missouri, in the country -- but it's a charming setting.

Anyway, if you're thinking of going ... do. Go expecting it to be small and intimate, and you'll enjoy it.