News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 Des Moines Renaissance Faire

Started by Rowan MacD, June 14, 2012, 01:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

David and I will still be there Sunday, but we are doing the 'civvy' Patron thing.  No room in the car to pack garb!
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lord Clisto of York

Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Rowan MacD

He wore it all day at the Games.  We won best Clan tent ^_^ and a bottle of 12 year old single malt.

We were in jeans yesterday.  We didn't even make it to the gate before the first "Why aren't you in uniform?" was yelled.

We attended the 'breeching' ceremony for a young Lord....I forgetz.  We had mead and cake, that I remember.

If you need a witness to the kidnapping of the King-I can name names now that I'm not looking down the barrel of a flintlock.. Danged pirates.

We had a good run this year!  Can't wait 'till 2013!
IWG wench #3139 

Lord Clisto of York

LOL... was great seeing you guys again. Not that I had a lot of time to talk.

Lord Clisto

Baron Frederick

Yah,but I missed them,sniff  sniff  sob!!
Baron Frederick

Lord Clisto of York

I am slowly working on my pictures from last weekend. I will post when they are up.

Rowan MacD

I gather from the Book of Faces, that we had a vandal attack at the site last night. Sometimes the local performers wait till the following weekend after closing to clear out all their stuff, and some food vendors  and Children's area equipment was tore up, thrown around, and some items were stolen.
  Looked to be kids who wanted to destroy things. 
  Hopefully they left the fairy tree memorial alone this time. I didn't hear that they left grafitti.
  Sucks.
IWG wench #3139 

Lord Clisto of York

I just finished putting up all my Week 3 pictures from the Des Moines Renaissance Faire 9/15-16/2012. This was their final weekend for the season. Great weather and fantastic time and crowds. To see them just follow the link below, go to the bottom of Week 1 and click on the Week 3 button -

http://www.sirclisto.com/desmoines/we.html

Lord Clisto

Sunshine

I'm experimenting with Mejuba, and uploaded a bunch of pictures there. Could someone tell me if this works for them?

http://www.mejuba.com/albums/PirateSunshine/123933/1

Quote from: Rowen MacD on September 20, 2012, 10:57:27 AM
  I gather from the Book of Faces, that we had a vandal attack at the site last night. Sometimes the local performers wait till the following weekend after closing to clear out all their stuff, and some food vendors  and Children's area equipment was tore up, thrown around, and some items were stolen.

That's awful. I don't get why anyone would want to destroy things like that.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Worked
Nice pics too.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Sunshine on September 21, 2012, 12:55:04 AM
I'm experimenting with Mejuba, and uploaded a bunch of pictures there. Could someone tell me if this works for them?

http://www.mejuba.com/albums/PirateSunshine/123933/1

Wonderful pictures! The pirates were 'walking the Plank' most of the day.   I suggested they bring baggies next time...there were wood chips everywhere.
  The Haggis Chips were interesting- Definitely an odd variation on BBQ..
IWG wench #3139 

Baron Frederick

Well I went out this afternoon just to check on things myself and to talk to someone who really knew what went on. Seems as though someone broke in to four of the food establishments and stole equipment out of them and left in the field in back.They think they have recovered most if not all of it. I guess it could have been worse.
Baron Frederick

Rowan MacD

The Forking Queen had some if her things opened, and scattered and some of her smaller props are missing.  She only had a few items left to remove, and some of the food from the vendors was mixed in with her props.  She is local, so she wasn't in a hurry to finish packing up after faire, and the stuff she had left behind wasn't valuable or irreplaceable.  It's the first time this has happened to her in the entire time she has been with DMRF so she won't leave her stuff behind anymore.
  I'm glad to hear that the Fairy Tree was left alone. 
  Sleepy Hollow is very close to the Iowa Fairgrounds and within easy reach of some of the older neighborhoods.     
IWG wench #3139 

Sunshine

Hey, look what I just found! Remember last year's final closing gate, which had not only a number of excellent musical acts but also the dramatic return of the pirated king? Video has been uploaded to Youtube! Lord Clisto, you better watch out. :P

The King's Return

Lord Clisto of York

I will have to watch as soon as I get home from work. Thanks for the warning.

Lord Clisto