News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Months away but... *SQUEEEEE*

Started by Marietta Graziella, June 12, 2013, 08:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marietta Graziella

OK, I realize October 13th is quite some time from now but I'm so excited for RenDezvous and getting to see so many old friends and bringing my hubby along for everyone to meet (finally!).

I'm making new garb-duh  ::) for myself and hubby. 
Also visiting a friend from my military days while we're down there.

What plans are you making for this event?
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Norfolk

No plans for KC yet.  With the opening weekend of the Colorado festival just three days away, the Duchess and I are ... otherwise engaged.    ;)
Just call me "Your Grace"

iain robb

I've already been busy on new garb pieces ...

I made a blue velvet noble gown for my wife for the last Rendezvous, and since then I've been busy on more sleeve-and-forepart sets for that, as well as a couple more camicas.

I am supposed to also make a lighter weight noble gown (which is not as much a contradiction in terms as it sounds; the velvet is QUITE heavy) before October. We'll see. I've been spending much of my spare time writing.

We're also making plans to visit folks along the way, and to visit a couple we know in KC. I'd love to stop in New Orleans on the way home, but we'll have to see how the budget works out first. (Not that well, so far.)

Ms Trish

I have a friend in the area that I'm talking into joining me for a day at faire. He's lived nearby for years and years and hasn't managed to attend!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I plan on having a few ales with Butch! and seeing all of you folks! (ones we see and ones we don't always see).

No new garb - the earldom just is not producing enough  >:(
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on June 12, 2013, 08:01:09 AM
OK, I realize October 13th is quite some time from now but I'm so excited for RenDezvous and getting to see so many old friends and bringing my hubby along for everyone to meet (finally!).

I'm making new garb-duh  ::) for myself and hubby. 
Also visiting a friend from my military days while we're down there.

What plans are you making for this event?

It will be fun to hang out with your hubby, too.  We met him once at faire, but only a short time.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Edmund Howard

Even though this is a ways out, our plans are starting to gel.  We both grew up in central MO, so planned to spend time with family either before or after the RenDezvous.  Now we're going to see the Eagles here in Denver the weekend before RenDezvous, so we're now locked in to driving to KC on Friday, then head "home" to the family on Tuesday.

We have new garb to debut at CORF this weekend, and we'll have that in KC, too.  Bought, though, not made ourselves.   Though Mrs. Wheatie is at home as I write this working on a hat to go with her new dress and some modifications to a blouse she bought at TRF last fall.  We shall see how that goes.  Wheatie Jr., aka "The Fool", has her good machine for working on his garb and she's using her old Singer Featherweight.

iain robb

Oh, I neglected to mention ... my second book should be out by then, and perhaps a third one or even a fourth, so I'll bring some of each along in case any of you want to buy a copy or twenty or more.  :D

(You can find out more about the book and the series at https://www.facebook.com/TheDayMagicDied or http://ian-fallis.com/)

Butch

I'm making plans to make this a fun-filled time for all attendees!  Some ales with Gauwyn...um...YES!!  The Faire itself is WAY on board with this event, so it looks good from this end.  I can't WAIT to see everyone!  My dau is after me to make my favors; I already have everything, so it's just doing it that is standing in my way.

Wanna re-make my sailor doublet for my trip to CORF on 6 Jul; we'll see how that goes!

Mostly, I am REALLY looking forward to everyone converging in the lanes of Canterbury.  To quote MG:  "*SQUEEEE*"!

Ms Trish

Quote from: Butch on June 12, 2013, 08:50:16 PM
I'm making plans to make this a fun-filled time for all attendees!  Some ales with Gauwyn...um...YES!!  The Faire itself is WAY on board with this event, so it

I want to drink the ales too!! What's a girl gotta do to get in on those shenanigans?
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Capt Spleen

Just tilt head, open mouth wide, take the pour, and say......Ahhhhhh!
or,    g....a...r...g...l....e, then swallow.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Ms Trish on June 12, 2013, 09:20:56 PM
Quote from: Butch on June 12, 2013, 08:50:16 PM
I'm making plans to make this a fun-filled time for all attendees!  Some ales with Gauwyn...um...YES!!  The Faire itself is WAY on board with this event, so it

I want to drink the ales too!! What's a girl gotta do to get in on those shenanigans?

You are ALWAYS welcome Trish !!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Missy

I'll be there with my husband, son, and parents! So looking to a faire to play at with everyone!!!