News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Blackmore's Night

Started by Gauwyn of Bracknell, June 12, 2013, 11:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

New music came out yesterday - "Dancer and the Moon".  Much in line with their other music, but still good.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

LadyFae

I love Blackmore's Night.   ;D
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: LadyFae on June 13, 2013, 07:26:14 PM
I love Blackmore's Night.   ;D

If you ever get a chance to see them live - it is great!! 
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Aderin

I thank thee for the knowledge! I shall feast my ears soon!
"There is always hope." - Aragorn

Life is the School, Love is the Lesson.

NoBill Lurker

So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Aderin

What a great combination, electrical instruments and renaissance themed music. I'm a fan!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Aderin on June 15, 2013, 12:08:42 PM
What a great combination, electrical instruments and renaissance themed music. I'm a fan!

Wait until you here all of their music.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

GoodyTombShoes

Kelly Morris, past queen at PARF(God Save the Queen), is touring with Blackmores Night. She just performed at the New Jersey Ren Faire with her fiance as Rowan and Rose. It's so cool to pick up an album and recognize a voice on there.
Ale's a strong wrestler, flings all it has met. And makes the ground slip, even when it's not wet
IWG #3733

Aderin

Quote from: GoodyTombShoes on June 16, 2013, 08:26:49 AM
Kelly Morris, past queen at PARF(God Save the Queen), is touring with Blackmores Night. She just performed at the New Jersey Ren Faire with her fiance as Rowan and Rose. It's so cool to pick up an album and recognize a voice on there.

Cool! Thanks for the scoop!

LadyAsh

I was listening to the renaissance festival podcast and their song, "Locked within a Crystal Ball" came on. After that, I looked up some more of their music and fell in love with them. Great band, and a great mix of rock with renaissance in there. Are there any other artists similar to the style of Blackmore's Night?
"Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -Andrew Lloyd Webber

Merlin the Elder

There are lots of folk/rock bands. It depends on what instrumentation you want to focus on, I suppose.  The genre began in earnest with Fairport Convention back around 1967. Steeleye Span is another favourite of mine.  Pentangle... Clannad...  They all offer something a little different, and they are all very good!

Fairport has seen a number of personnel changes over the years, and the sound of the band changes with that. Some really great music has come out of that band, and some amazing musicians. Richard Thompson, for one...perhaps the best guitarist I have ever seen and heard. When he does a solo show, you can't believe it's a single guitar.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

LadyAsh

Thanks, Merlin for the suggestions! I will be sure to check Fairport Convention and the others you suggested out! I don't know what it is about this kind of music, but I love it so much... the melodies, the instruments used, and the voices of the lead vocals. :)
"Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -Andrew Lloyd Webber

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: LadyAsh on June 25, 2013, 12:45:10 AM
Thanks, Merlin for the suggestions! I will be sure to check Fairport Convention and the others you suggested out! I don't know what it is about this kind of music, but I love it so much... the melodies, the instruments used, and the voices of the lead vocals. :)

Candice Night also has a CD under her name.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

dbaldock

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on June 24, 2013, 06:18:20 AM
There are lots of folk/rock bands. It depends on what instrumentation you want to focus on, I suppose.  The genre began in earnest with Fairport Convention back around 1967. Steeleye Span is another favourite of mine.  Pentangle... Clannad...  They all offer something a little different, and they are all very good!

Fairport has seen a number of personnel changes over the years, and the sound of the band changes with that. Some really great music has come out of that band, and some amazing musicians. Richard Thompson, for one...perhaps the best guitarist I have ever seen and heard. When he does a solo show, you can't believe it's a single guitar.

John Renbourn, one of the guitarists with Pentangle, released a couple of albums that have a Medieval influence.

Amazon - John Renbourn - "Sir John Alot of Merrie Englandes Musyk Thyng and ye Grene Knyghte (1968)"
Amazon - John Renbourn - "The Lady and the Unicorn (1970)"
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Merlin the Elder

Oh, yeah! From his earlier days...

Some of these groups and artists, you can draw a line from one to the other to another like a family tree... or a "six-degrees of separation" sort of thing.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Aderin

I have to check out these artists!