News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Had a great time at the Wisconsin Renaissance Faire!

Started by Obadiah Jib, July 06, 2008, 12:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obadiah Jib

I just got back from a full day at the Wisconsin Renaissance Faire and it was great.  Very friendly staff/ performers/ and crafters.  The food was excellent!  When we head that the crafters were hit hard and not doing well we spent perhaps a little more than the budget can afford and will have to tighten our belts the next month but we also got some great deals!

If you are sitting on the fence and wondering if this small festival is worth it I say "YES"!  Give them a try.  With things like good food, flush toilets, and new construction you can't go wrong!

One more weekend to go!  Good luck Chippawa Falls!
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

ladiedragon

Been there and really like WIRF also! Maybe next year you'll be going the same weekend as us. if you go.  :-\

Marietta Graziella

We enjoyed WIRF over our weekend.  Spent more than our share to support the crafters! 

Still some things to be ironed out.  Growing pains, if you will.

I really like the close camping.  It's nice not having to drive "home" after faire.

A big thank you to WIRF for the discount ticket pricing our large group received.  I have to say, as much as I enjoy WIRF, $16.00 seems quite high for a faire that size, especially when MNRF only charges a couple of dollars more for a whole lot more faire.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Dayna

Gotta agree with you MG, for $10 it's OK, $8 would be more in line with what I'm used to seeing at the other smaller faires, but there's got to be more there if you're going to charge $16.  The weekend I was there, I overheard quite a number of people who had been there a few hours and were going home, having seen everything that was there, not encouraging multiple visits per season, I confess I felt that way as well until I ran into some friends from another faire.

What was good: flush toilets and water fountains, bottled water $1, nice selection of alcoholic beverages and sodas at reasonable prices.  At front gate, they were aware of the laws regarding admission of service animals, they told Me they would not be charging the pet admission fee instead of (usually) me having to educate them, no hassle, no questions, just Welcome and an acknowledgement of what miracles they are to the people they assist.  That part was actually Great!

What would make it better: number the booths so that you can find the shop you're looking for, I swore I walked around the entire faire at least twice, never did re-find one booth I was looking for.  It  would have greatly helped to know What Area In Which To Look and Where Am I Now, because I obviously wasn't getting to everything, layout confused me.  Less emphasis on State Faire food, a bit more on Ren Faire food.

My personal complaint: Please teach all your employees proper etiquette.  Yes, Nixie is a very tiny dog, but she is also the most precious life on the face of this planet because of the freedom she allows me.  I'm prepared for the ignorance of the general public anywhere I go, I got really tired of people who work there barking at her trying to get a reaction and quizzing me about why I need her.  Don't say things like "Sure she is" when I tell you she's a service dog and show you her vest, don't tell your co-worker about the woman with the "so-called service chihuahua", especially where I can hear you.  It's rude and potentially dangerous to try to get a reaction out of an unknown dog, and illegal to distract a service animal, especially after I've pointed out that she IS a service animal.  I paid to get in, don't insult me, don't make comments about my being chased by a rat.  She obviously Is a canine, and while she does carry the additional title of Mighty War Rat of Bristol, that title was given out of love and friendship.  I, a member of the paying public, brought her with me, don't give me reasons not to return.
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Obadiah Jib

Quote from: ladiedragon on July 07, 2008, 08:59:56 AM
Been there and really like WIRF also! Maybe next year you'll be going the same weekend as us. if you go.  :-\

I bet that can be arranged.  Since I don't work at WIRF like I do MRF I can DRINK!  Also I attended in disguise(since I am a pirate).  Bacardi almost figured it out.  Zilch did.

Capt. Bacardi

Quote from: Obadiah Jib on July 07, 2008, 10:32:33 PM
Quote from: ladiedragon on July 07, 2008, 08:59:56 AM

I bet that can be arranged.  Since I don't work at WIRF like I do MRF I can DRINK!  Also I attended in disguise(since I am a pirate).  Bacardi almost figured it out.  Zilch did.

I figured it out....you just told me to be quiet... :P
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Obadiah Jib

[/quote]

I figured it out....you just told me to be quiet... :P
[/quote]

Were you in disguise too?

Lord Clisto of York

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on July 07, 2008, 10:56:12 AM
We enjoyed WIRF over our weekend.  Spent more than our share to support the crafters! 

Still some things to be ironed out.  Growing pains, if you will.

I really like the close camping.  It's nice not having to drive "home" after faire.

A big thank you to WIRF for the discount ticket pricing our large group received.  I have to say, as much as I enjoy WIRF, $16.00 seems quite high for a faire that size, especially when MNRF only charges a couple of dollars more for a whole lot more faire.

Hi Marietta Graziella & unilady,

Thank you for your insite on things. It  always helps to get this kind of input. It does have a lot of growing pains for sure. I will pass these comments on to the powers that be this final weekend. Just a correction, the ticket prices for regular are $14.95 and not $16.00. And, they do have a buy 3 get a fourth free. I really do encourage feedback that I can pass on. If there are things people do not want to mention on the forum as well, they can e-mail them to me on the side at - sirclisto1@sbcglobal.net and i will get it to the powers that be.

I am glad everyone has had a good time though. We love having everyone.

Sir Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

MissBubu

How do we get the 4for3 deal? Is that at the door or online?

Lord Clisto of York

Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished