News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Open Wide The Gates!

Started by Lady Dragonfly, June 22, 2013, 03:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarendon

I'm going visit this faire someday. Wishing you all a good season.
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

Merlin the Elder

Lady Mac, they finally did pave the roads here. It's just that my damned mule doesn't like them...  I have good reasons to come up there. I have relations in the area that I really don't get to see often enough, and I've made some good friends here in cyberspace that I need to visit with. PLUS I always enjoy visiting with you.

RefMom, if you get a chance to drop by Lady Mac's, they have some really nice walking sticks and canes to make you look as cool as me. You and Lady Mac can swap rude stories about me...

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Dragonfly

Sorry I missed you, Lady Rene...will see you Saturday the 13th; I'll text you when we get there, as I'll have my disabled friend with me.
The Dragonfly Stitches

Lady Renee Buchanan

Although I didn't meet up with either of you, it was still a fun - albeit hot, hot, hot -  opening weekend. 

P.S.  I was at many of the New Minstrel Revue shows.  Both of you don't have profile pics, so I don't know what you look like!

Maybe we can meet another Sunday.  We're going July 14 & 28, Aug. 10 & 17, then I'll be there 3 days of closing weekend.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

RefMom3

Lady Renee, I made it to the Minstrel Show that J. Bradley almost missed! That was the only one, though. I met a friend and his friend, so we went to a few things I hadn't planned on, although I enjoyed them very much (including the Tortuga Twins r-rated show. Didn't get all the jokes, but so what? It was further proof for my mostly ex-husband that I've completely lost my mind).
I could post the pic I'm currently using for Facebook, but as Merlin may attest, you would only know what part of me looked like, and it probably wouldn't help much... :P
I may be going again this Sunday, since I'd like to be there for the pirates. After that, we'll likely be there for the 27 or 28, for my daughter's 22nd birthday. Beyond that, not sure.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Lady Mac on July 05, 2013, 10:14:10 PM
Merlin....
Think we know you well enough to say you would enjoy Bristol immensely. Maybe one of these days
when they finally pave the roads in Arkansas you and your lovely wife can make it up here. You know j/k. See you at Sherwood...Lady Mac @ L'il Mac

Merlin, this is another faire we progress to each year and I would also say you would like this faire (have I ever steered you wrong - well there was that one time, oh, and that other, well maybe a few :) )
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin the Elder

Sometimes I think that it wouldn't matter whether I liked the faires at all.  The people we have met—some in person, some not...yet—have made it all a whole lot better experience. 

But then, there are the turkey legs....
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

RefMom3

Cornish pasties (with or without gravy), fish and chips with LOTS of malt vinegar, sassafras root beer, alone or in a float, bakery goodies...

max and kate

We'll be invading this weekend along with Tortuga Tim.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks