News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Day Almost Here!

Started by Sir Abish, May 09, 2008, 07:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rage

Quote from: ladiedragon on May 20, 2008, 05:38:27 PM
and I.....shall bring..... THE CANOPY CHAAAAAAIIIIIIR!

We will also have my chairs, no canopy but they are very nice chairs.....

Lord Clisto of York

Only 11 days away and counting. I drive up again this weekend for our final dress rehearsal and meeting before the next weeks opening. Lots of new things and we have themed weekends.

Fit For a King: June 14 - 15 Treat your father like a King! Fathers get a coupon for a discount turkey leg! Sample fine ales, enjoy incredible entertainment, and explore the medieval village of Doon Douglas. This weekend at the gate only: Fathers get in half price with the purchase of child admission or child 5 & under present!

Gypsies Galore: June 21 - 22 Hip! Hip! Huzzah! Come in gypsy costume to participate in the parade! Join in the free gypsy dancing lessons and a chance to perform for the Queen! Enjoy baklava at the Tipsy Gypsy Pub, a mid-day drum jam, and drawings for a fabulous gypsy prize. And don't forget to visit the gypsy camp to get bindied!

Celtic Revelry: June 28 - 29 Wear your kilts and plaid, try your hand at cabbage bowling, and enjoy Celtic music throughout the village! If you're brave, show off your Scottish accent in the 'Brogue' Contest. And don't forget to wear your costumes this weekend – there will be costume contests for men, women, and even pets! Children can show off their costumes in the Royal Threads Festivity!

Chivalry and Romance: July 5 - 6 Roses are red, and romance isn't dead! Celebrate love with us! Enjoy samples of wine, mead, and chocolate. If you're lucky, you may be chosen to be championed at the joust or armored combat! If you're already in love, participate in the Royal Proclamation of Love at the chapel, where couples are presented by the Queen and earn the right to take part in the parade. If you're single, don't miss the Singles' Medieval Mingle Party at Angus' Pub!

Marauders and Mischief: July 12 - 13 Ahoy! Come try your hand at a royal naval battle! Receive a coupon for a discount on any one food item, and clap your hands to sea shanties in the pubs. Learn about the pirates of the 14th century, and kids-- join in on a special Pirate's Treasure Hunt!

Check out their page at - http://wirenfaire.com/?110370

Us nobels also have a box at the joust field now, some shading for the audience there, some pub changes and many other good things. Remember folks, the year is 1347 in Medieval times and it is the year of the Plague historically. So I can't wait for all of you to come out and have some fun with us. Stop me and give a hearty hello.

Lord Sir Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Rage

Quote from: sir clisto on June 04, 2008, 03:36:47 AM

Fit For a King: June 14 - 15 Treat your father like a King! Fathers get a coupon for a discount turkey leg! Sample fine ales, enjoy incredible entertainment, and explore the medieval village of Doon Douglas. This weekend at the gate only: Fathers get in half price with the purchase of child admission or child 5 & under present!

Lord Sir Clisto

Bummer my daughter is 20 and isn't coming....

Lord Clisto of York

Well, if you go to the website and order tickets, anyone can get them for a discount as well. Here is the link.

http://renfun.biz/

Clisto

Rage

...lol... sorry I was kidding we are going the weekend of the 28th with the rest on the MN group.

Lord Clisto of York

Well..... Ya try and help a poor soul and they play with your mind. LOL!!! Lets see, the jail is empty at the moment I believe...

Will be great to have all of you there invading us.

Sir Clisto

Lord Clisto of York

Here is our entertainment lineup for this year. Tons of great performers.

http://www.wirenfaire.com/?202400004

Clisto

Lord Clisto of York

Just an update folks.

Just a slight detour for people coming from the South due to a river there that had flooded but hasn't crested over the interstate. They are looking ahead to Thursday night when more rain is to come. Here is the current news, but remember, it is just a slight detour before Madison -

I-94 Westbound near Johnson Creek Closed Indefinitely
Drivers Detoured Because of High Water
Last Edited: Tuesday, 10 Jun 2008, 6:08 PM CDT
Created: Tuesday, 10 Jun 2008, 6:08 PM CDT

WITI-TV, MADISON -- Interstate 94 westbound near Johnson Creek is being closed indefinitely due to water from the Rock River just inches away from the road.

State officials decided to close the westbound lanes as a precaution starting at 7 p.m. Tuesday. The river is not supposed to crest until Friday and more rain is in the forecast.

Only the westbound lanes are affected. The detour will take travelers off the interstate for about nine miles.

Drivers will exit at Highway 26 and return at Lake Mills.

Emergency Operations Center spokesman Mike Goetzman says eastbound lanes are higher and should not be affected by the closure. He says no other interstate lanes have been shut down yet due to the flooding, but a portion of I-94 near Highway 33 around Portage is being monitored.

Now, just a few other notes I just got. The faire is in great shape and depending on any other rain should be a great time. It is suppose to be a wonderful day on Saturday for sure and possibly rain Sun. The grounds is a lot of sand base so it drains better. Other things have been added to help this season as well.

The Pet Costume Contest is the third weekend which is Celtic Weekend. So, bring your pets i their favorite garb and get in the contest.

That is all for now

Lord Clisto of York

Opening weekend was fantastic. Weather was only in the mid 70's with a nice breeze, energy was hig and people were even staying till the end now. All the performers were giving it all. There is a lot going on with some new shops as well. The grounds were super, in spite of all the rain throughout the week and flooding in southers Wisconsin. Could not have asked for a better faire weekend. Now, with all the freeways pretty much open, more people should be coming out. Hope to see many of you there. I will have pictures posted soon from opening weekend.

Sir Clisto

Lord Clisto of York

Hey everyone,

I just finished posting my pictures from week one of the upper
Wisconsin Renaissance Faire. Thank you Master Thaylann for taking most
of them and letting me use them. If interested, they can be found at
the link here -

http://www.sirclisto.com/51main.html

Sir Clisto

atysmee01

Angelina and I made it out to WIRF yesterday - we had a BLAST!  Loved the site, did much shopping, played headgames with people who don't usually see us out of costume!  Got to hang out with Zilch and Lollie for quite a while, and in general were quite impressed with everything there.

Definitely recommending this as potential Dreg infestation area... ;D
Deirdre O'Dison
Resident Whiner of Mac's Pub
Old Maid in the Garrett

Kiss-me-Kate

Quote from: atysmee01 on June 23, 2008, 02:18:04 PM
Angelina and I made it out to WIRF yesterday - we had a BLAST! 
Definitely recommending this as potential Dreg infestation area... ;D
We  have already discussed it.  Just think you can take over a whole 'nother state!  Carrots taste yummy with Leinie's or milk.   ;)
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Lord Clisto of York

Hope to see many of you this weekend. Stop and say Hi.

Lloyd

Hey John,

I saw the pic with you and Matt, is he back on cast?  I got an email from him the other day that he was back after his Guard training.

With fuel prices, we won't be up this year (though I love playing King Edward!)
Sir Lloyd Clark
Professional Jouster - Compainie of the Northerne Sterre
WMA Instructor

Lord Clisto of York

Hey Lloyd,

Glad to hear from you my friend. Yes, Matt is back as Lord Gower, having come back from his training or (the battle of Nevilles Cross). We are all in our places in court and he and I are for the same purposes but different means working together. Would be fantastic to see you there but i understand on the gas thing. many we have talked to are all car pooling. But it is cheaper up there too. The place has gotten bigger and i am now a shareholder. I love it... So, what are you up to? Taking it easy like you said or diging in? Send me your number via e-mail and i will call you. Be well.

John