News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Photography Advice and Tips Thread.

Started by renfairephotog, July 06, 2008, 05:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Hi all. Been wanting a new camera for a long time but did not have the funds. I'm getting ready to get a new one and would like advise. I have had for 8 years my Panasonic DMC-FZ30. It's been a great camera for those 8 years and has rocked giving me some great photos. But as I said, it is limited and dated and it is time to move on using it as a backup.

I am looking at the Nikon D5200. What do you all think or do you have other suggestions. Aso what are the best type of lens to use for portraits, nature, action, adventure, performance, etc...?

Thanks
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

moonshine jeff

for portraits i like the nifty 50. its the nikon 50mm 1.8   its a great lens and has the advantage of being about the cheapest lens there is.

for action you need a relativley fast lens. something like a 70-200mm f2.8 but that lens is expensive.

if your on facebook contact me at moonshine images and i can give you more advice