News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pirates

Started by chriscat53, July 06, 2008, 09:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chriscat53

Does anyone know if the theme for the first weekend will be Pirates again? Also, on the topic Renfest for the Hearing Impaired, are Porter and Stout lyrics on their CD's?

Charity Morgan

Greetings ChrisCat!  It is not like management to announce what we will do here until they get a feel for how things are going there in Colorado.  So, guessing from last years schedule they are just about now thinking about determining the weekends.  I am sure Lori has been asking too and as soon as I hear something from her I will post.  The website takes a while longer because it is updated in Colorado and they are in the middle of their busiest time!  The easy thing to do would be to leave them the same as last year...but easy isn't always the way to go.
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

chriscat53

Great to hear from you! Being a mostly deaf Italian pirate mama was the most fun I had last year. The hardest part was keeping my stories straight because the visitors would accost me over and over and ask questions from the last tirade and I could never remember what I said to whom. I think this year I will get chocolate coins to give to kids. Do they let you do that?

I may do Tudor this year but every time I put on my English Hood (buying this may have been a serious mistake) , I want to go into a "HELP I CAN'T GET THIS BOX OFF MY HEAD!"

Charity Morgan

Ah mama...no pirate weekend for us this season...but alas...you are most welcome to appear at my ship and have some great fun!  About the chocolate coins...I tried those several years ago and have switched to the plastic coins for  VERY good reasons...{1} chocolate melts and you end up with a pouch full of mess that gets on your garb!  {2} some minions ain't 'sposed to have that sweety stuff, even do it makes the stew sweeter fer later, der mamas ketch on and don't lets dem have it!  plus if'n dey do git it, when you goes to ketch em to make de stew you gots to run after 'em faster.

you can wear that gorgeous garb of yours on the all new Italian Renaissance weekend...(hopefully it will be realized that we are not ALL italian since few of us have italian garb!)

Charity Morgan

As the theme weekends have finally been announced...and pirates are not formally invading...me ship and I invite pirates to join us every weekend!  If'n you wants to play, the pub has a (semi) pirate theme, the little stage near the pub is piratey and me ship is landed there directly across the way.    Would love to see you and your crew...

any interested parties?  maybe we can have a bit of a gathering of our own?

Professor M

I do have a feeling that EVERY weekend will be Pirates weekend.  We have so many good-looking pirates wandering about.  Perhaps it's wise not to confine them to only one weekend.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Scarlett

Maybe we can designate opening weekend as an unofficial pirate day?  Music and Dance is really not an actual them, IMHO, as it can be applied loosely to several themes/genres. 

And yes M, we have a bevy of beauteous buccaneers in the burgh!   LOL,  Say THAT three times after a few ales at the pub!
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

DuCoeur

Wasn't last years opening Weekend Pirate Weekend???  I like the idea Scarlet...WE (collectively we patrons and playtrons) can make it the "unofficial Theme."  I like it.

And it fits perfectly with Dance and Music weekend.  No one does Pirate Sea Shanty's like Porter and Stout and the Irish TRoubadour (aka Terry Griffiths).
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Scarlett

Yay!  Let's do it then!  Spread the word, opening weekend is unofficial pirate weekend.  Pirates dance just like everybody else right?  I have new boots and a bodice all ready to go!

Look out Charity!  The ship is filling up and we''re on our way!
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

chriscat53

Children's Weekend is now specified for Pirates. Maybe they should allow Tinker Bell and Peter Pan.

Charity Morgan

Today I was at the festival site to begin preparing the pirate ship building for opening (yes, even the vendors have many many things to do!) and a very little boy was there working with his mom...she informed me how disappointed he was when he was told there wouldn't be a pirate weekend... so of course being the good pirates we are, we promised that there will be plenty of pirates every weekend and he will fit right in.  I remember several fairies coming aboard the ship last season too, so I imagine we would all be quite pleased if Tink shows up!  Childrens weekend would be a good time to celebrate with the little minions...hopefully not too many will end up as stew!

Charity Morgan

Quote from: Scarlett on July 21, 2008, 01:38:18 PM
a bevy of beauteous buccaneers in the burgh! 

Scarlett Darling, Thank You!  When you hear me stumble through those words over at the pub while I'm hawking from across the way in front of the ship booth, know that I will be thinking of YOU!  (Of course it will be between sets of bell ringing!)

anne of oaktower

Quote from: Charity Morgan on July 26, 2008, 08:17:44 PM
  Childrens weekend would be a good time to celebrate with the little minions...hopefully not too many will end up as stew!

What's a good stew without onions and minions?!
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

PesterTheJester

Hmm perhaps a Piratey Pester will make an appearance!

PesterTheJester

Pester is confused....is it opening weekend or children's weekend for the unofficial pirate weekend?