News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Scarby on Travel Channel

Started by RenStarr, July 15, 2013, 08:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenStarr

FYI..............here's something I came across that I'm sure some of the Scarby folks might want to see.  Adam Richman's Travel Channel Show (Fandemonium) visits Scarby.  Broadcast date = 07/28/2013 @ 9 pm central time.

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/adam-richmans-fandemonium-2013/episode-4-season-1/medieval-madness/521992
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

DonaCatalina

thanks!
I might have missed it otherwise.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

iain robb

So if I watch, will I see anyone I know?

(Glad you posted this. Like an idiot, I thought it was TRF at first and posted there momentarily, before realizing my mistake and obliterating my own post, so no one would know how stupid I was.)

(Oops.)

DonaCatalina

well so far on the commercials I have seen,

and several others that I can't find photos of.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

iain robb

I recognize Sarah Mullen.

I was there only once, for Rendezvous a few years back. Had a great time. I'm looking forward to watching that on Sunday.

Merlin the Elder

Sarah was also at Carolina RF last year, another RenDezvous...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

RenStarr

I saw a clip for this yesterday during lunch in our break room (the TV was on and tuned to the travel channel).  The pitch was something like this:  "Adam (the show host) is going medieval and partying like it's 1533".  Should be amusing.
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.

Bonny Pearl

Just watched the show.  It was great!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

DonaCatalina

The sneaky .....got me from behind when I was hiding from the other camera. You can see Don Juan's smiling face in a few scenes behind Brian and Aislinn O'Farrell.
The show did treat Scarby with some respect. Unlike what I half-expected, they did not play it as a hang out for weirdos and social dropouts.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

iain robb

I enjoyed the show. They did indeed treat playtrons with respect. Gosh, it made me want to get back to Scarby. One of these days ...

RenStarr

Quote from: DonaCatalina on July 29, 2013, 05:11:29 AM
The show did treat Scarby with some respect. Unlike what I half-expected, they did not play it as a hang out for weirdos and social dropouts.

My thoughts exactly.  It was cool that he asked some of the folks that he met what they did for a living.  It showed that alot of the folks at faire are just average Joe's/Jane's.  My only real gripe, he spends an entire weekend at Scarby and there was maybe 20 minutes of an actual show! 
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.

LadyStitch

There have been a few blogs out there discussing fandamonium.  Most felt as many of us did that they were going to make us out as weirdos.  The responces have been great.  They show that the fans are ordinary people that want to get out there and escape the real world for a little while and have fun.  The idea is to be with a group of like minded people who accept you for who you are and simply have fun. 
I like the fact that Adam Richman is a goofy fanboy at heart.  He enjoys food and fun just like us. 

I would love to see what he would do if he was turned loose at the camp grounds of TRF, or some of the other faires.  My heart is still Scarby but there is something about the social, and open atmosphere that is FAIRE that makes it so welcoming. A coworker of mine's daughter caught the show and now is thinking of coming to scarby next year.  Her only concern was how she would introduce herself to the QOH's and other groups.  I told her to simply walk up to someone in really great garb and say "Nice outfit, did you make it?"  And you would have a friend.   ;D Hence another reason I love this group. 

As always, they never show enough of what all we love about faire, I mean seriously can you really get EVERYTHING that makes faire , FAIRE into even an hour, 8 hours, a day, week, a whole season?  8)
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

DonaCatalina

It did seem like a longer stretch of the show was more about Adam and less about the fans. If you know who he is walking around with most of the time; it is the performers and cast.
But I am very happy that they showed Scarby as a positive experience.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Kaalyn

I was surprised at how short the actual show was.  I was working the wedding reception that they filmed and there was so much that wasnt shown.  I laugh because he spent a quite a long time in the castle pavilion and about 30 - 45 min filming us who were working it.... when I watched the show there was about two seconds of all that film that made it.  :P
Texas Renaissance Festival
Scarborough Faire
Sherwood Forest Faire