News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Character Intros

Started by IndeanaSunday, July 06, 2008, 11:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndeanaSunday

So I've noticed that many of us play various parts when we visit the Faire: a wench, a knight, a court lady, a gypsy, a squire, a pirate. Why not introduce ourselves a bit before opening weekend?

Sounds fun, no?  ;)

Cobaltblu

Myself and the fellow members of the UOUP will be attending.

The members of the "Unofficial Order of Unaware Patrons" do not know that they are dedicated to providing the most challenging work experiences for cast members...by being totally unaware of faire characters and by not understanding why they are talking to them.

We pride (?) ourselves in upholding our high standards (?) of patron-cast interaction.

(The above is total rubbish and any members of any group resembling the UOUP should be thoroughly flogged)

Added to Post:  In case any unaware patrons read this post, to clarify I am not on the cast.  Thank You.  But of course they would be unaware and might not realize that.  Heck even if I WAS on cast they wouldn't realize that.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

irish

LOL, Cobaltblu! I have noticed many times, actors trying to involve patrons and they look at them like.....'where's Mickey?'
When I go to faire, I am just in skirt and bodice....wench, I guess. Look for a black suede, with gold studs in a celtic design or on Celtic weekend, I will be wearing our family colors. Heck, I will find you! LOL!
irish  ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

robert of armstrong

I suppose I am best described as a sort of a disenfranchized knight for hire, as long as your quest has a noble and honorable goal, and will take me to new places and allow me to face new and exciting challenges.

I have also been known to rid towns and counties of pesky monsters as well, as long as they are up to no good (referring to the monsters, not the townsfolk).

Although I admire those who can elegantly wield a sword, I am not one for finesse, and prefer bashing weapons, such as axes, flails and war hammers.

I typically make an impression right away, and uphold the greatest of values:  Truth, duty, honor.  And virtue, at least until the mead begins to flow.   ;)    :-*
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

Cobaltblu

But seriously...or maybe not seriously but...to get to the point...!

My character is Theodore Hief, An Honest Man.

"Theodore Hief
An Honest Man
Call him a Thief
Run Fast as You Can"

I'm a bit of a Rogue.  I'm a bit of a Ranger.  I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll...scratch that.  I do not have fancy embroidered doublets, fine feathered hats or jeweled cod pieces.  I dress in leather and basic fabrics...simple yet well-crafted attire.

Some claim I have stolen their coin purse yet to this date none have offered hard proof to the Sheriff or his constables.  I am deeply offended (or am I?) whenever a person accuses or insinuates I am a thief or criminal.  I have a great amount of respect and admiration for her majesty Queen Elizabeth and would never break any (many) of her laws.

I enjoy playing games and practical jokes and will always accept any challenge to such activities.

My alternate character which I do not yet have garb for and is only an idea at this point...is Father Frederic the Flirty Friar.

His song is all the introduction anyone should need (or want?):

I'm Father Frederic the Flirty Friar
Watch the front of my robe raise Higher
If you call me before the fun begins
I'll make it alright, I'll absolve your Sins

The other priests are, a little bit shier
It is true I took a vow, of Chastity
But I am not afraid, to show my body

Tried selling my body, but couldn't find a buyer
I don't get much in my collection plate
But with the wenches and the mead, I'm not a cheapskate.

The cardinal rues, the day I got hired.
The Church needed men of piety
But instead they got, little old me.

Got a grip as strong, as a pair of pliers.
A lady once screamed, "Do You Mind?!?"
I replied I was trying to make myself blind.

Sister Mary gets a pinch, when I walk by her.
She says, "Father Frederic, I am a Nun!"
I say, "Sister Mary, Come Have Some Fun!"

I speak the truth, I am no Liar
This is the end, of my song today
If you want to join the Church, all you have to do is pay (and we don't care if you are gay).

SEE YOU AT STERLING!

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.