News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Almost time...

Started by Marietta Graziella, July 15, 2013, 09:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marietta Graziella

Huzzah, Bristol!

So looking forward to enjoying a leisurely weekend in your beautiful shire.

This will be the 3rd visit to Bristol so we're familiar with the village but as locals, what is your "don't miss" list?

Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Wish we could be there this weekend, but we have a wedding to attend.

Just a warning:  Opening weekend, both days were brutally hot.  This past weekend, Saturday was nice, but Sunday was again brutally hot - both the temperature and the humidity.  When we got back to the car at 5:45 p.m. on Sunday, the inside temp was 101 degrees.

Please, everyone, bring some very light garb, even if you weren't planning to wear it.  It might make the difference between enjoying the faire, and spending the day in First Aid (trust me, I know).

Aside from that, there are some new musical acts, new vendors, and other new acts.  If Ivanovitch the Magician is there, he is definitely worth watching his show.  New Minstrel Revue gets better every year - and from day 1, they were fantastic! - anything you deicde to do will make a great day!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

RefMom3

I love the New Minstrel Revue; I feel like I haunt their shows ;)
Sirena is a group of 3 young women who create some very ethereal harmonies; very pretty. I think this is maybe their second season at Bristol. My youngest daughter just loves them. We also love Barely Balanced, and The Swordsmen. Lady Renee is right, though; the heat has been pretty intense. Light clothes and LOTS of water.

Marietta Graziella

A beautiful but yes, quite warm, weekend at Bristol. We did enjoy Guido and Dirk, Irish and Rose, Tartanic, and Sirena (right before Sunday's deluge!).

Many laps around the grounds marveling at the colors, buildings, and cast. We were delighted to find the new coffee shop! What a treat!

Great hospitality from your Friends of Faire group. We were made to feel very welcome.  Having met so many gregarious people at the faire, it surprises me that Bristol does not have a more active R/F board.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.