News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2013 Des Moines Renaissance Festival

Started by Rowan MacD, July 16, 2013, 11:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

Three weekends in 2013

Aug 31-Sept 2  either Romance or Celtic
   Sept 7-8  Romance or Celtic
   Sept 14-15  ...most likely Pirate theme

Gate: Adult -$16.00 - 2 day pass $25.00

$4.00 military discount, including spouse and children.

Age 5-12-$8.00
Under 5 free.

Parking $1..secured and patrolled by union pirates.

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Rowan MacD

IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Hubby and I plan to attend Sunday, Sept 1st, and most probably one day on the second weekend.   I have to work Saturday morning, and by the time we drive out there it will be about 4pm on opening day. 
  The Quad City Celtic games are on the third weekend in September, and we will not attend the closing weekend unless we can wrap the games up on time.  Last year we attended the last day as mundanes and watched the closing show, which is always fun.   
   Joust Evolution (same company as KCRF joust) will be performing before the royal court.

See you there!

IWG wench #3139 

Sunshine

I be there most days if not all! Look for either bright yellow or bright blue. Looking forward to seeing everyone. :)

Brother Gregory

Have never been to this faire yet, thinking about going the second weekend. Anyone who cam tell me about it would be great. Rowen I know you have gone what are your feelings about it?

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Opening weekend looks to be in the 90's.  These nobles may need to try week 2 instead.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

Brother Gregory-Should you attend the 2nd weekend, look for us on Saturday, Sept 7th.   
  A Renaissance Bubble Machine (Des Moines edition) will be making it's first appearance at DMRF!
  Since our grandson's birthday party is the 8th, we must be back in Omaha then.
   Will you be on cast at Riverssance this year? 
Sunshine-We will look for you there.

If next weekend in Des Moines  is anything like the last, it will be sunny,  in the 90's and humid. 
  That doesn't seem to faze the local 'danes -All 3 weekends have always been well attended unless it rains, and then they come right back when it stops.  ;D
   There is shade and shaded seating in the pub and a central feast hall,  where the royals hold court, and there are picnic tables and  seating in there for about 100.
   There is also shaded seating at the fairy glen at the base of the Brad Nelson memorial fairy tree, and in Sherwood forest, where the forge, artisans, archery, pirate stage, and living history exhibits are.  The creek helps it stay cooler down there too.
   We will be there on Sunday, Sept 1st.   I plan to bring neck coolers and a basket for water, and I will probably carry a parasol too.  Hopefully the second weekend will be cooler, and we plan to attend then too.

IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Nice writeup! 

We usually stop by Casey's for the $2.00 discount coupons. 
We will be getting the 2 day pass and split it between the days we know we will be there, and if we are in town closing day, we will be there in mundane garb.

Can't wait to see the new entertainers and check out the new food vendors! 
  I just saw that  Sauboo the Troll will be back!  (Yay) First weekend only. (Poo).
IWG wench #3139 

Lady Rosalind

From the DMRF facebook page: "Coupons have been placed at Casey's General Stores in the following areas: DM metroplex, Ankeny, Huxley, Ames, Story City and Pleasant Hill. If you stop by a Casey's and they are out (or never received them), please let us know so we can get some delivered."

Definitely get coupons!!!!  :)

Rowan MacD

we can use the coupons on the 2 day passes I presume?
IWG wench #3139 

Sunshine

You couldn't last time, I don't think, since there's already a "discount" from the standard fare if you're getting a multiple-day pass. I remember not being able to use any coupons but picking some up for friends who were only there one day.

Rowan MacD

I checked the website-You can use the weekend passes on any two days of the faire.   Woot! 
Makes sense-if you want to do the Romance and Celtic (like we do) you can do just one day of each.
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Weather looks like it's finally going to cool off (somewhat)....Huzzah!  Opening day (Today!)  in the 90's, Sunday high 80's, and Monday just 80.  Sunny all 3 days, with the only chance of rain: Sunday morning before 8 am.
  Headed out after work today, and will be getting in town about 4pm. We plan to hop over to the park (sans garb) to check a few things and hopefully attend the dedication of the first tree in the future memorial grove Saturday evening after faire.
   See you there!

Rowan and David
IWG wench #3139 

Brother Gregory

Rowen MacD looks like myself and family will be there tomorrow Sunday the 1st. my kids and I had talked about going the second weekend, but my wife mentioned that we should all go tomorrow so we are planning a family trip. Should be there by shortly before 10:30 or right after.