News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2013 Des Moines Renaissance Festival

Started by Rowan MacD, July 16, 2013, 11:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

Wonderful time at faire yesterday!  We were there from 10-2pm.   I was honored to finally meet Lord Fredrick (Lady Kathleen did a gorgeous job on that doublet and sleeves).   
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151827237344621&set=pb.57613904620.-2207520000.1378138508.&type=3&theater
  The Renaissance Bubble Machine (II) made it's debut at the DMRF- It was going full blast out at the gate, with plenty of children dancing around it in pursuit of bubbles.
  We have a Pet Pub this year for the furbabies to rest, cool off and get a drink and treats; look for it under the Sign of the Paw.  Sponsored by Petco, and Raccoon River Animal Rescue.
  We will be back on Saturday, Sept 7th for  the second weekend, we would do both, but my grandson's birthday party is on Sunday.
  I will have my hat issue sorted out by then-Thanks to the great advice provided by Felicity of 'Fyne Hats by Felicity'.  She is moving on to KCRF next, so look her up-Her goods are all personally hand made and HA.  She does custom orders. 
  Today the temps will be around 80.  Lovely weather!

*edit for Sponsor credit*
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Rowan MacD

Looks like we will be there tomorrow early.  Highs in the upper 90's so we expect a short day.  See you there!
IWG wench #3139 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We are going to wait until next week to progress. 

For m'lady heat+noble_garb=no fun

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

We just realized that we are free to do faire next weekend. that will leave us free this weekend to do the Plattsmouth event.
    Duh.... The Celtic games aren't until the 21st  this year-The last two years they have overlapped the closing weekend of DMRF, so we assumed this was no different.  I have vacation both weekends...14-15 and 21-22.
    Regretfully, we will not attend this weekend..hopefully it will be cooler on the 14th!
  Huzzah!
IWG wench #3139 

Lord Clisto of York

Ready to leave at 2am in the morning for the Journey back to Des Moines. Another weekend of fun is expected, but the weather is once again calling for HOT,HOT, HOT!!!! So far 98 Saturday and 95 Sunday. Just hope the humidity is down. We will be moving slowly again. See everyone there in the morning.

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Rowan MacD

We are going to stay home this weekend, but will certainly see you on the 21st!   All of you, please take your time and try to stay somewhat cool....
IWG wench #3139 

Lord Clisto of York

Ok everyone, I just finished my week one pictures of the Des Moines Renaissance Faire for all three days. Just go to the link below to view them. I took a lot of pics but only posted a little over 100 of the best.

http://www.sirclisto.com/desmoines/we.html

Lord Clisto

Sir Ironhead

From what I hear, the weather in my neck of the woods is supposed to calm down starting tomorrow, hopefully that applies to the rest of the state as I am planning to go this Saturday
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

Rowan MacD

Thank you , I was just going to post that...
  Forecast for Saturday next: 73 and SUNNY. 
  Overnight lows will be in the 50's.
  Perfect Ren weather!!  David and I will be there. ^_^

IWG wench #3139 

Jon Hanslow

The Cabin Boys will be out performing and rolling in the lanes as well as on a stage with the big show! Come check us out! We will shock and amaze you!
Jon Hanslow of The Cabin Boys!
www.facebook.com/thecabinboysrf - LIKE us on Facebook!

AJ in "The other village"

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Jon Hanslow on September 10, 2013, 06:29:59 PM
The Cabin Boys will be out performing and rolling in the lanes as well as on a stage with the big show! Come check us out! We will shock and amaze you!

We are looking forward to seeing you and your show!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lord Clisto of York

Yes, sat in the low 70's and Sunday 69... But, the possibility of 30% chance of rain. We shall see. Will be a welcome break.

Rowan MacD

I have fond memories of sitting out a rainstorm at DMRF in the Forking Queen's tent-eating Dragon Tails and sipping cider...
I'll bring the umbrellas...I get to wear my sleeves!
IWG wench #3139 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Had a great time on Saturday seeing old friends and having fun. Fun going out to dinner after!

MNRF and KCRF are still going on. (KC Columbus weekend is the rendezvous event)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

We had a splendid time on Saturday...I understand DMRF might have set an attendance record!
  The weather was perfect and the crowds were large and energetic.   We arrived with the grandkids just before noon, and the parking lot was already full and going to overflow, and peak attendance is usually about 1 pm.  We were planning on maybe 3 hours with the young kids (1 and 4)- but they were having so much fun we ended up staying until closing!
  Can't wait till next year!

IWG wench #3139