News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2013 Des Moines Renaissance Festival

Started by Rowan MacD, July 16, 2013, 11:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Sunshine on August 21, 2013, 07:16:14 PM
I be there most days if not all! Look for either bright yellow or bright blue. Looking forward to seeing everyone. :)

Will you be posting some of the pics you got on Saturday (Sep 14)?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

I saw Sunshine in her Peacock outfit last Saturday (14th).  I hope she got some pictures!

For those who FB, you can see the photos I took last weekend on my page.  I have an excellent one of Lord Fredrick in that lovely doublet Lady Kathleen made, the colors came out beautifully.  I have to transfer them to PB and then link here if I want to show them on this forum.
   Lord Clisto made it into a couple of mine; he flits about like that hummingbird that was hanging around the morning glories next to the fountain.  I took a couple of lovely ones of Lady Rosalind's new Garnet Gown.  That silk is gorgeous, the hat is so cute!
  Beautiful job.

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lady Rosalind

Rowan, I think the photos have disappeared from your facebook page! I got a notification that you had tagged me, then when I tried to follow the link, I got an error that the photo had been removed.  :(

Rowan MacD

EEEK!  I'll get on that when I get home....I can post it here if you like?   It turned out very nicely ^_^.

Edit: I cannot find them there now...I had some of you, Lynn and Linda in your new garb.

IWG wench #3139 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Jon Hanslow

The Cabin Boys had a blast...Seriously. It was an amazing weekend.
Jon Hanslow of The Cabin Boys!
www.facebook.com/thecabinboysrf - LIKE us on Facebook!

AJ in "The other village"

Sunshine

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on September 16, 2013, 10:19:34 AM
Quote from: Sunshine on August 21, 2013, 07:16:14 PM
I be there most days if not all! Look for either bright yellow or bright blue. Looking forward to seeing everyone. :)

Will you be posting some of the pics you got on Saturday (Sep 14)?

Sure, just need to get everything sorted and uploaded somewhere. I'm the last person in the world not on Facebook, you see. :)

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on September 17, 2013, 11:28:27 AM
This was good to see

http://whotv.com/2013/09/15/renaissance-faire-record-attendance/
It certainly is good news!
  I wonder what the crowds count really was-when you consider that the kids under 5 don't count at the gate.   There were lots of little ones in strollers and wagons. 
    People started showing up in large numbers before noon this year, when they usually don't hit the gate until 1pm or so... The first joust audience at 12:30 was huge and noisy.  there was standing room only a good 20 minutes before the show started, and that was with the additional bleachers borrowed from the pirate stage this year. 
  In fact, every show at every stage had full audiences, lots of energy and the performers were loving it. 
   Placing the MARS encampment (with all those lovely multicolored tents) in the chapel field next to the list is a great idea.  So near the jousting field-it really looked like a visiting nobility encampment.
IWG wench #3139 

Lord Clisto of York

Finished posting my week two pictures. To see them just follow the link below.

http://www.sirclisto.com/desmoines/we7.html

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Lord Clisto of York

Finally finished my week 3 Des Moines Renaissance Faire pictures. I am somewhat behind at the moment on pics. I still have Michiana and Michigan Ren Faire pics to do.To see the Des Moines final weekend pictures, just click on the link below.

http://www.sirclisto.com/desmoines/we11.html
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Sunshine

Sorry I took so long; things got remarkably busy after the faire ended, and being at the Sleepy Hollow haunted houses these last couple weekends hasn't helped. I've finally caved and gotten a facebook page (just for faire, but it seems the best way to keep in contact with everyone outside of this forum), and am now slowly getting pictures up. :) You can find them at the book of faces slash DesMoinesSunshine. It's a public fanpage, so you can see the pictures even if you don't have an account.

I'm not going to put up allllll of the pictures I took, since that's quite a lot, but if anyone's got a request for something I neglected to upload or wants a complete set of something I only put one or two pictures up of, just send me a note and I'll zip 'em together for you.