News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Countdown to Opening Day!

Started by Abigail Fairbottom, July 16, 2013, 11:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abigail Fairbottom

Getting kind of antsy for faire to start.  Anyone else?  I'm starting to sort my garb and get things ready...
Hey Flidais, how many days?

Wickedvox

Too close for comfort! I'm a first year cast and have been working on my garb as well as a full set of upperclass garb for a fellow first year, with mixed results. Thirty days to go and I feel like I need twice that at least. I've never done upperclass, I usually stick to middles and this is giving me all kinds of hell. On top of it I've had to learn accent, dialogue, improv and endowments; now I have to make favors too!! Gah! Stop talking about it!!

I mean, Yaaaay!! Faire!!!!
"Not all those who wander are lost..."

CalliopeCC

It's ok... it'll all work out. Really!   (I will just keep repeating that to myself. perhaps it will work for me too.)
on a side note... you HAVE to make favors? Is this a new Cast rule?  :o

I cannot wait to stroll the lovely lanes of Hollygrove.   ;D It will be a GRANDE FESTA indeed!

Ciao! 

flidais

HUZZAH ABIGAIL!!!!

I believe we are.....28 DAYS AWAY FROM THE OPENING OF MIRF!!!

I too am looking forward to returning to our beloved shire.  Woot!!!

Jade

I'm  so  excited! I  just have to fix my bodice,  but I've got time.   It's not like 28 days is just going to fly by or anything... oh  wait.... lol

Wickedvox

Calliope--we don't *have* too, but it seems like everyone has favors...it makes them seem so legit. To legit to quit. Hammer time.

Or bedtime.
"Not all those who wander are lost..."

NefariousDrO

I'm tackling a new garb for this year, may have "bitten" off more than I can handle, masks are more complicated than I thought!
Still, I love going to MiRF, the range of people and the fantastic garb always leaves me feeling giddy.

Kerrytoyou

*gasp* Fellow first years?! Me too! OMG..only 28 days...? Oh the nerves. :D

flidais

25 DAYS TO MIRF!!!

No pressure....
Still plenty of time to get that garb done.  I hope.  Because I always have plans that are just a little too big.  Can't wait to see everyone's creations.  Always a highlight for me.

Jade

Woot!   Just dropped off  my  fairy house and picked up my free tickets.  So excited!

Abigail Fairbottom

Just packed off a bag of garb to a young lass at Sterling so I may be needing a few things myself! :D  I'm thinking a little shopping is in order, rather than sewing at this point in the game.  Huzzah!  I can't wait to get back home and celebrate opening day!

flidais

StareNorthSteve

I, too, am get pumped up for faire...specifically Labor Day weekend. I've spent the last two years trying to find someone to work with to get a custom waistcoat made and finally...I'll be sporting some new "High Seas" garb. Can't wait for the unveiling. Of course, I'll new to do some shopping to update the other accoutrements. See you all soon!

sns
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

CalliopeCC

I love the fact that Opening Day is not only a social event....

It's also a FASHION SHOW.   ;D

Happy Sewing, and Great Garb Dreams to All!

max and kate

Quote from: StareNorthSteve on July 26, 2013, 09:32:55 AM
I, too, am get pumped up for faire...specifically Labor Day weekend. I've spent the last two years trying to find someone to work with to get a custom waistcoat made and finally...I'll be sporting some new "High Seas" garb. Can't for the unveiling. Of course, I'll new to do some shopping to update the other accoutrements. See you all soon!

sns
Labor Day and pyrate a good combination, hope ta see va  dat weekend arr!
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks