News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

How bad was the storm last night 07/19?

Started by Dorian Mallory, July 20, 2013, 11:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorian Mallory

Just wondering if there were any reports on how bad Sterling got hit with last nights storm?  I had friends staying in Fairhaven State Park and they ended up leaving in the middle of the night due to the wind, massive rain, and trees/branches crashing down around them.  He was saying that the power was out from there all the way to Williamson, which is about a 45 minute drive west along 104.

turlough dubh

i was at afire today, they didnt have power at site for most of the day, i am not sure about surrounding areas.
seeker in the north

Bob of the Lake

I attended Sterling on Saturday and as Turlough Dubh says, there was no power, however, I didn't see any appreciable damage to the site.

In what I saw of the surrounding area, there were some road closures here and there as utility crews worked to restore power and there was a lot of storm debris all around but overall, the area seems to have weathered the storm pretty well.
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Tazjia Swiftsail

Same here, no power on Saturday but Sunday power was all back up on the faire grounds. On my way in Saturday I had to turn around when I was almost there and go a different way cause there was a huge tree down in the road so I'm thinking they got the storms pretty good up there. Where I am in Syracuse we got a little rain and saw lightning off in the distance but nothing like that.
Tazjia Swiftsail at your service!
Me: ~renaissance festival addict|animal lover extraordinaire|nature lover|landlocked Pirate Queen|ink addict~

Ozium

I missed all 3 of you this past weekend.
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

Bob of the Lake

Sorry, Ozium. I was there with my son and his fiance so we kind of went around on their schedule. I didn't have time to try to find R/F people. I'll try harder next time since I'd like to meet forum folk!
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Ozium

No problem, i know how hard it is to try and find people at faire, even
after you walked through the gate with them.
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

GoodyTombShoes

I came up from PA for the weekend. The storm blew thru on Fri in about an hour. Sterling had no power but things moved on as best they could. I loved the kid asking for a cinnamon bun and having the shop tell him he could have it frozen. The pretzel guy lamented as he enjoyed shows, that he had no wares. I saw a few huge trees down in the forest but only piles of loose branches on the site. The power popped back on around 6pm, in time for us all to leave. Great faire!
Ale's a strong wrestler, flings all it has met. And makes the ground slip, even when it's not wet
IWG #3733