News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mobile Access Question

Started by RenStarr, July 23, 2013, 07:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenStarr

Since the end of last week, getting on the forum from my iphone has pretty much been impossible.  I can get to the Home Page, I click on the forum entrance, then I get a page ("challenge forum").  It requires me to enter a "reason to access site" then touch the "enter forum" button.  Sometimes it lets me into the forums, but most of the time it just brings up the challenge forum page again.  When it does let me into the forums, I touch the forum I wish to enter and it takes me back to the challenge forum page again.   >:(   It has pretty much killed my ability to enter and read forums at this point from my iphone.  My pc at the house died awhile back so access for me when away from work is strictly my iphone right now.  I can enter and go into any of the forums (business as usual) from my work pc with no issues.  I know with the spam issues as of late some measures were put in place to cut back on the spam. 
So my question is this:  Are those measures singling out mobile devices as being a threat?

Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

Jade

I have no problem with my phone,  but I always visit the site as the full desktop page. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.  Mine's a Droid.

Merlin the Elder

With the crash last Sunday came some problems.  Tom is trying to resolve the issues as they arise. Some folks (in the Houston area, it seems) are having some issues. Contact Tom at support-at-renaissancefestival-dot-com and he'll help you out...or rather in.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Tom

When you email please include your forum username and IP address if known. It's a combination of issues and the resolutions have been slightly different for different people.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Thanks,

Tom

A.K.A. - Lady Serenas husband

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I am using an iPhone in Iowa and having or had no issues.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

RenStarr

Well I got up this morning, and tried to see if access to RF on my iphone had been restored.  And IT HAS!! 

yee hah......huzzah........alrighty now.........yippy skippy......... ;D  ;D  ;D

I haven't been able to access RF on my iphone (thru the 3g network) since last weekend.  Thanks to Tom and any support staff that helped get that fixed. 
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.

Merlin the Elder

Damn! They let RenStarr back in.

Oh! Hey, RenStarr! Welcome back!

RenStarr

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on July 25, 2013, 11:39:59 AM
Damn! They let RenStarr back in.

Oh! Hey, RenStarr! Welcome back!

Thanks for the welcome back Merlin!

I think  ???
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.

Merlin the Elder