News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Countdown to KCRF Opening Cannon!

Started by Tamtaro, July 25, 2013, 11:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamtaro

No countdown yet?!  Hooray, I get to start one!!  36 DAYS!!
36 DAYS!!"Commence to jiggling!" -Jiggle Billy

Gauwyn of Bracknell

LIKE  <-- press

Will we see you rendezvous weekend??
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Aniroaldawen

KCRF starts THIS MONTH, guys! I'm SO excited!  :D ;D :D ;D

This year feels a bit like deja vu for me, because my last day at my current job will be the last week of August, right before faire starts. (Dang outsourcing!) Good thing I have an awesome boyfriend who also happens to love faire, so my season pass is taken care of! ;D Also...at my current job I work Tues-Saturday, so I wouldn't have been able to attend Saturdays 'til late. Now? ALL DAY EVERY DAY OF FAIRE, BABY!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Aniroaldawen

17 days, you guys!! We're down to the teens! Where is everybody? Normally there's a bit more excitement on this forum by now...oh well, guess I'll have to be excited for everybody instead! ;-)

;D ;D ;D

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Tamtaro on July 25, 2013, 11:24:10 AM
No countdown yet?!  Hooray, I get to start one!!  36 DAYS!!
36 DAYS!!"Commence to jiggling!" -Jiggle Billy
Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on July 25, 2013, 11:29:02 AM
LIKE  <-- press

Will we see you rendezvous weekend??

Yeah...I'm wondering the same thing.  I want to meet the owner of this smile! You listening, Tamtaro?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Hopefully Tamtaro is planning on being there Columbus weekend for rendezvous
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Aniroaldawen

9. Days. We're in the single digits, people!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

So what's everyone looking forward to most this year? I'm super excited to be playing fiddle with two of my friends in the lanes this year! (We'll be doing an occasional, not-every-day set in between Jolly Rogers shows. One of our "band's" members is in the Jolly Rogers, so we can't be an official stage act, but this is still going to be so much fun!) Can't wait to see the Jolly Rogers and Clearly Guilty too...eat a crepe and an apple dumpling...also interested to see the new pub sing (it's back in an actual "pub" this year instead of 3 Lions)! And of course most excited to see all my fairemly. :-) Getting to spend every single day (with the possible exception now of just the very last day) at faire for the first time in 2 years will be awesome, too.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I was bummed to see Garry Siler will not be there this year, but looking forward to drinking in the 'cove'.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Aniroaldawen

Garry's not there this year?? Oh, that sucks!! I was sad enough that the Musical Blades aren't gonna be there this year...boo!

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

Well, I will be looking forward to hearing more of your fiddle playing. Are you going to be playing the lanes with Vespar and Ivy?
IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58

Butch

Well, I'm going to miss opening weekend (going up to MNRF that weekend).  Also, may miss the next one too.  MIGHT be out that Sunday though; we'll see.  I should be there pretty much every faire day after that!  HUZZAH!

Yeah, Gary's not gonna be there.  He's doing an East coast tour, and possibly guest performances out there.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Gary told me he was doing Pittsburgh instead
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Aniroaldawen

Quote from: Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard on August 22, 2013, 06:02:26 PM
Well, I will be looking forward to hearing more of your fiddle playing. Are you going to be playing the lanes with Vespar and Ivy?

The ladies of Vespaer and Ivy have joined up with the Beerside Scoundrels and formed Clearly Guilty. Yes, I will likely be performing with them randomly at some point during the season. :-)

Aniroaldawen

Four days, you guys!! Just four! :-D

The slight negative? This weekend, it's going to be hot. Absurdly, disgustingly hot. Everybody quadruple the amount of water you normally drink at faire...

Merlin the Elder

Godfrey Daniels, I hope it's not going to be as hot up there this weekend as it is supposed to be down here...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Tamtaro

I've traveled through time and overshot by a weekend!  I've heard it was hot as the blazes in Canterbury this past weekend.  I'm on the Columbia, MO to Bonner Springs, KS caravan for the upcoming Saturday and for as many more as I can after that.  Huzzah!! 

YES YES YES - definitely will find my way to Rendezvous at KCRF.  I shall smile vigorously perhaps even athletically at you all! ;D  (That's the most "athletic" I will ever be accused of being.) 

I was also sad to hear that Musical Blades was not in the line up this year :'(  I loved their performances!  Have you heard of any new acts? 

And I have been holding myself back from mentioning the CREPES!!  But now I must unleash my inner crepe beast!  I love you Crepes!!  Je t'aime! Je t'aime avec fromage!  (thank you Moonie!!)

Craigmeister

Check out Ezndil this year if you get a chance.  They are a great couple of singers who don't just involve their listeners, they actually talk to and listen to what their audiences say.  They're great with kids too.  Really nice people.  I hope to make it to the fest on the 21st this year.  Huzzah!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.