News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2013 Friday Night Meet & Greet

Started by Butch, July 31, 2013, 08:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

Good people of RF.com, we will gather on Friday evening, October 11, 2013, from 7-10 pm at our Super 8 hotel in Bonner Springs, KS to meet one-another for the first time; and to renew our old acquaintances.  Suggested dress for the evening is "mundane".  We plan on having food there.

One thing we will do, that you should prepare for now, is playing a "White Elephant Gift Exchange" game.  Please bring something you would like to exchange with someone else (either a real gift, or a gag gift), and have it wrapped.  I will post the rules a little later.  Suggested gift price is no more than $10; but that is just the suggestion!  Look at your own stuff you have lying around the castle, or perhaps do a little shopping at garage sales.

More to come later!

iain robb

Sounds like fun. Now to go elephant hunting ... hehehe  ;D

Capt Spleen

Now if  I can just find a 1/3 bottle of JD from a garage sale for MTE, or at least some used whiskey & gunpowder.......

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Capt Spleen on August 01, 2013, 10:21:23 PM
Now if  I can just find a 1/3 bottle of JD from a garage sale for MTE, or at least some used whiskey & gunpowder.......

and don't forget the horn :)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin the Elder

I feel somewhat certain that MtE will be in possession of some JD... somehow, I just feel it in my bones...

He may get generous and return to favour of the last gathering. He's a pretty nice fellow, you know.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Butch

OK, here are the rules for the White Elephant gift exchange:

Each player supplies one wrapped gift. The gifts are placed in a central location, and once we know how many gifts we have, we then draw for the order we will take turns selecting gifts. The first person opens a wrapped gift and the turn ends. On subsequent turns, each person gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped item or choosing a wrapped one from the gift pile. When a player's gift is stolen, they can choose to steal an opened gift or select a replacement gift from the pile of wrapped presents.  There are only THREE steals allowed per turn (after the third gift on a turn is stolen, the fourth player must open a wrapped gift).  A gift can only be stolen ONCE per turn; but there are no limits on how many times a gift can be stolen during the game!  Each turn ends when a gift is unwrapped. The game is over when the last person has taken their turn.  Gifts are typically inexpensive, humorous items or used items from home.

So, bring a gift with you!  We will probably have a few extra laying around for players who want to play, but didn't bring their gift!