News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Grand Arrival

Started by BubbleWright, August 01, 2013, 05:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

The Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire opens its new season August 3rd with the Grand Arrival.

* Caramel sour apple lollipops- check.
* Bubble soap- check.
* Renaissance Bubble Machine- check.
* Season pass- check.
* Garb- check.
* Medications bag- check.
* Van gassed up and ready to go- check.

IS IT SATURDAY YET ?
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Amras Elfwine

Hail, BubblwWright!

Maryland is wishing PARF a grand opening weekend!

Cheers!!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

BubbleWright

Lord of the Squirrels... The morning was overcast with rain and spritzing but by 11 AM that had stopped. The surrounding area had rain, which really diminished the opening crowd. By 1 PM the sun came out for a glorious afternoon. I made bubbles until about 2 PM when I returned the RBM to my van. I went back in to the faire to stroll around and say hello to friends. I left early (5:30 PM) because I was rather exhausted and my arthritic feet were killing me.

An interesting aside, the young actress hired to play the Queen was let go a week ago (no details). Fortunately, Jess Eppler, last year's Queen, was on staff and in the cast. She was able to step into the Queen's shoes. I only observed the cast's interaction in the lanes... they were quite amazing. Next week I'll attend some shows and the Finale in Song to check out their singing and dancing chops.
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

medievalmagic85

I shall be there in a few weeks. Hoping for more than one outing to get together with the wenches guild. I had noticed that their was a different queen than announced. Glad someone who knew the role could jump into the shoes. Hope she didn't have trouble memorizing the lines.
-Tavia
"Shamrock"
Member of the Wenches Guild--Mount Hope Musettes
Owner of Woven Cords