News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

User account problem

Started by wvdoug1963, July 20, 2014, 09:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvdoug1963

Actually it is a friend of mine that is having trouble getting his account activated.  He asked me to join to see if I could contact an admin for him to get his account working.

He never got the second email saying his account was approved and when he tries to log on he gets

"Sorry, this account has not yet been approved. If you need to change your email address please click here."

Can an admin help him?  I can provide his user name in a PM.

Thanks

wvdoug1963

Is there a moderator or admin that can help with this?

Trillium

Unfortunately only one of the admins can help with that. Hopefully one of them will stop in soon!
Got faerie dust?

wvdoug1963

Thanks, he's been waiting for over a month for his activation email.  It's strange because I got mine for this account almost immediately and he hasn't gotten his second email yet.

Merlin the Elder

Being an administrator of another forum, it very may well be that either his name or his IP address is being caught in a spam-trap, in which case he may never see his activation email (if it hasn't already arrived, it's not going to).  It is also possible that the return email got caught in his own ISP's spam trap.   I can tell you from experience, forum spamming is a huge problem, and the remedies do sometimes catch an innocent.

Another issue I have run into is that the registrant's eddress (email address) was entered incorrectly, and the confirmation email ended up in cyberspace. He could always try re-registering under a different name.

The primary Admin is DeadBishop if you wish to PM him.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

wvdoug1963

Sent DeadBishop a PM but he hasn't been online in over a month.  Is he the only person that can help with this?

I talked to my friend and he can use his gmail but wants the same user name.  He is starting a Renaissance Themed dinner theater restaurant called Leonardo's and he wants the user name Leonardo for that reason. 

Again thanks, and if anyone else can help or knows how to contact DeadBishop that would be fantastic :)

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I have sent him a message on the book of faces
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Trillium

Tom is another of the admins, he may be able to help
Got faerie dust?

DeadBishop

All taken care of!  Your friend should be able to log in now.  It was lost in several thousand accounts flagged as spam.

R/F.com member since 2003

Leonardo

Thank you kind Sirs!

As you can see I am on now!

Thanks again DeadBishop :)