News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Day Passes

Started by MissBubu, August 07, 2013, 08:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissBubu

I don't know how many of you get in on day passes, but apparently there will be no day passes this year, at least for vendors.

Muffin

What a joke....  >:(

If they keep this up our faire will become very small very quickly. Volunteers will vanish, and the vendors who rely on them will vanish along with them.

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

MissBubu

It was just confirmed that participants will be parking in the Trail of Terror lot out by 41.

If you are staying in the campground, be prepared to do lots of walking.

groomporter

I spoke with the craft coordinator. For us craft booths if we need help beyond the free photo id's and generic passes we are already issued it's either buy a $10 worker's ticket per day, or pay $53 each for additional generic passes and figure how to exchange them between the part time help. Volunteer groups working things like CKC booths as fund raisers will still have day passes.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Ms Trish

Quote from: MissBubu on August 07, 2013, 12:32:21 PM
It was just confirmed that participants will be parking in the Trail of Terror lot out by 41.

I don't even know where that is!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

MissBubu

Quote from: Ms Trish on August 07, 2013, 03:14:41 PM
Quote from: MissBubu on August 07, 2013, 12:32:21 PM

I don't even know where that is!

Do you know where the big blue barn is on the way out of fest grounds? It's the field next to that.

DeadBishop

Basically it sounds like they are discouraging (1) having volunteers and (2) staying after hours with these two huge changes.  I can't imagine how some of the booths/activites/organizations that have numerous volunteers are going to be ran, espeically for those that exchanged a day pass for volunteer work because they can't afford to pay for extra help...

I like to stay late on Saturday, and would just walk down to the pit to my car afterwards as the shuttles were no longer running.  That was dangerous enough, but now you'll have to walk a good mile three miles or so to your vehicle.

I wonder why we can't park in the pit anymore?  Don't tell me they're going to use that for patron parking?  I can't see that going over very well... 

R/F.com member since 2003

Cofeeguru

It's disheartening hearing things like this, because it puts people at a disadvantage, especially this close to Fest. I'm sure it's someone's idea of either making money or reducing liability, when really, the message is that the comfort and convenience for people who put their everything into this doesn't matter. Whether that's actually the case, that's the impression given.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;"-T.S. Eliot, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

groomporter

One good thing someone just told me is that there may be new generic passes and they won't have to be punched every day. (Not that everyone did that anyway)
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?