News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Half price admission...really?

Started by StareNorthSteve, August 06, 2013, 02:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StareNorthSteve

Greetings all! 
Has anyone ever bought admission passes off of "RealDeal.clickondetroit"?  Half price....sounds too good to be legit.

sns
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Eric of Lyon

I purchased all my tickets to RenFest last year through CBS Local Offers.  They are running the same deal this year through Sunday.  Adult tickets are just $10.

http://offers.cbslocal.com/deal/40264/up-to-52-percent-off-at-michigan-renaissance-festival?utm_campaign=lodetroit&utm_medium=email&utm_source=localoffersemail
Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

Eric of Lyon

I should add that with the CBS Local Offer, the voucher is only good through Labor Day 9/2 according to the website.  The past two years I believe the vouchers were good for the entire run of the fest.  The Click On Detroit offer appears to be good for the entire fest through 9/29 (according to their website).  In past years you simply needed to hand in the voucher at the gate and there was no need to exchange for a ticket at the ticket window.
Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

StareNorthSteve

Thanks for the details! We're planning on going for Labor Day weekend, so we're covered either way. See you all there!

sns
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Ladyfair

Just days left now..... many wonderful changes..... anxiety attacks .... jitters... oh yeah.... ::)
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Orphena

Tried to get these tickets last night, but it won't allow my Canadian address... Any ideas?
Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles

Jade

Know anyone in the states you can send it to?  Failing that,  the cheapest way to go is to have a  college id  card and bring 4  canned goods so you can get 5  dollars off the student price.

Orphena

As far as I can tell, this deal would get emailed to me, so I don't have to actually have the tickets mailed there. The address seems to be a billing address, but as I plan to use my credit card, I don't see that anything would actually get sent there - all charges would go thru the credit card.

I think the address is just to verify that you are a "local" which is what the deal is inteded for.... but would welcome other ideas!

StareNorthSteve

Quote from: Orphena on August 14, 2013, 11:30:45 AM
As far as I can tell, this deal would get emailed to me, so I don't have to actually have the tickets mailed there. The address seems to be a billing address, but as I plan to use my credit card, I don't see that anything would actually get sent there - all charges would go thru the credit card.

I think the address is just to verify that you are a "local" which is what the deal is inteded for.... but would welcome other ideas!

I just purchased and yes, the vouchers are a link that is emailed to you.

When I put in my billing address (which also an Ohio zip code), their system added "US" afterward. I would guess you are correct in that the offer is targeted at local addresses.

Do you have a relative or know a friend (with a US billing address) that could make the purchase for you? They could forward you the link so you could print it and go.
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Orphena

No, not really. I may try a generic address, and see if I can make it work....

Orphena

Ok, so I managed to purchase tickets, using my Canadian address at the first link mentioned, realdeal. The CBS one is expired, but wouldn't accept a Canadian address.

Thanks for posting this deal! It allows us to keep our costs low!

Looking forward to seeing all you fine folk on the labour day weekend!

Eric of Lyon

The CBS Local Offers is back (ending in 8 days, 8/31).  Adult tickets: $10 Kids: $6 With this latest deal, the vouchers are now good through the end of festival.

http://offers.cbslocal.com/deal/detroit/up-to-52-percent-off-at-michigan-renaissance-festival-3
Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

Jade

On the other hand,  with the Detroit one,  you can get half off the  student admission as well.  just have to have id  at gate.