News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Most Memorable Moment

Started by Norfolk, August 06, 2013, 10:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norfolk

Alrighty then!

In the blink of an eye, the 37th Colorado Renaissance Festival is history.

Share with us, if you would, your most memorable moment of what was, for the Duchess and myself, a particularly memorable season.
Just call me "Your Grace"

RenStarr

I was able to attend CRF on opening Saturday with my spouse and my grandaughter.  It was a first time trip to CRF, but I suspect it won't be the last.
Several moments come to mind that stand out for me.  First, my grandaughter was fasinated by the fellow that was the jester at opening show.  As we were leaving at the end of the day, there he was again at the exit.  She got her picture taken with him and that really made her day!  For me, the big cat show followed up by Celtic Legacy was great!  We got lucky and got front row seats and all three of us really enjoyed those shows.  It was a pleasure to meet Norfolk and the Duchess in the afternoon.  All in all, a very enjoyable day in Larkspurshire. 
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

Butch

So many wonderful memories this year!  I guess the BEST one for me was the toast the King gave during the Pub Sing at the end of the day.  Just an honorable, genuine toast that didn't seem at all like an actor playing a part.  Very nice!  Other than that?  Being able to hang out with Capt Spleen all day, teaching him (and a few others) the game of "Bull Moose", having Daphne and the Roustabouts sing "Sailors Prayer" for me, getting to bend the ear of Sybil (Danine Schell) for so long, and of course, getting to see Norfolk and the Duchess! (Simply love these two!)

I wish I had seen the Big Cat Show, though.  Completely forgot about it!

Love you guys' faire!

Celtic Rune Stones

The fit of uncontrollable laughter between Lady Celine and the queen, which drew everyone at court into their hysterical free for all.    ;D
My life is loosely based on a true story...

Norfolk

By far and away the most memorable moment for the Duchess and I was getting inducted into the Order Of The Garter.  Talk about being gob smacked!

But you might find this amusing:  While I was talking with a group of patrons near the Royal Pavillion, the Duchess approached two fellows who were sitting under the trees a short distance away.  As she came near, they said to her "that is a gorgeous gown, tell us about it".  Whereupon the Duchess hauled up her gold-chain girdle, showed them her pomander, and asked "do you know what this is?"  Once fellow replied "no, but if I pull on it, will it flush?"

That kept the entire Court in giggles for the rest of the weekend!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Zoë

Quote from: Norfolk on August 09, 2013, 10:32:07 AM

Once fellow replied "no, but if I pull on it, will it flush?"

Considering how difficult it is to maneuver in full garb into a privy....it would probably come in handy.....
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Merlin the Elder

ROFL! That is hilarious, Norfolk!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

LadyFireKissed

There were so many though!  This was one of the best seasons for me, I had fun at the shows, catching up with old friends and making new friends.  I stayed with Captain Spleen and his lovely wife for the last two weekends, and had a absolutely wonderful time.  They are quite the hosts and it was so much nicer and more fun than staying at a hotel.  I think that my single favorite thing was hanging out with friends(especially at the Pirates Pub) and all the shenanigans that we got into.  I also had a great time with a very cute guy, and a real gentleman when we went to see the final Puke and Snot show.  I ended up getting some new things to add to my outfit, so now I've got all kinds of ideas for changing it up...  Should be fun!  Thanks so much to everyone for such a fantastic time, I truly enjoyed myself and am already chomping at the bit for next year.