News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

'Danes Say The Funniest Things!

Started by Norfolk, August 10, 2013, 11:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Actually the court at Scarby is very visible and engaging, one of the best.   It was somewhat early in the day. 
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

scarletnyx

Husband and I were going to a Halloween party around this time last year. We left late at night, around 10pm or so, in our full garb at the time ( Me in my druid outfit, him in his Tuareg outfit).

Next day at work, one of his coworkers who lives in our apartment complex asks what sort of church we were going to dressed in " that weird stuff ".

He's gotten a few " What are you supposed to be" at faires. I haven't gotten anything -yet-.
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on September 11, 2013, 07:44:41 PM
Actually the court at Scarby is very visible and engaging, one of the best.   It was somewhat early in the day.
I'm sure they are! ;D     That's why I figured the little girl might be trying to stall Mom because she didn't want to go home yet.
     I've seen it many times- the kids get within sight of the gate and realize they are leaving; that's when they just have to have a trinket, or stop to talk to a street character.   Good to see the little ones having fun and wanting to stay.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on September 11, 2013, 07:44:41 PM
Thanks for saying that, m'Lord. Of the faires I have visited, I must still say that our cast at Scarby is the best overall...and yes, I am indeed biased.  The king and queen are almost always together, but Queen Margaret (obviously) has her own court to keep. But Scarborough is a good-sized village, and one cannot be everywhere at once.

In general, you can't swing a dead rat on a string without hitting one of the Scarby cast members. Their numbers are many!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...