News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Shop Help Needed At Carolina Renaissance Festival

Started by GryffinSong, August 15, 2013, 05:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GryffinSong

Hail, good citizens!

I'm a fantasy quiltmaker (Gryffin Designs), and need help in my new (to me) shop for the 2013 season. I prefer that you're available for the entire season (weekends during all of October and November). There will also be a few student days if you're available during the week. I'm easy to work for, endeavor for all of us to have fun, and would like two enthusiastic people to work with me. On slow, stormy days there may be some odd jobs we can do instead of all of us sitting around waiting for that rare bird, the Waterproof Rennie. I'm told I pay pretty well, and you have the option of taking original quilted works in barter if you'd prefer. I have a small refrigerator in my storeroom in which I keep snacks and drinks available, either at cost or free, depending on how fast we go through them. You can also use the fridge to store food or drink of your own.

If you hail from a distant land, and would like a working vacation, I can provide primitive lodging for the duration of the festival. I have a small upstairs room at the shop that we can fix up as a bunk room. You would be paid only for the weekends, but room is free (I think - am checking with festival management. If you want to tent camp its about $50 for the season). You would have electricity, porta-potties are nearby, and the festival has coin-operated showers.

I'm really excited about CRF, and hope some of you are interested in working with me.  ;D
"Be yourself, everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde