News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Rum and party ideas.

Started by Jade, September 03, 2013, 07:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade

In  December I will be hosting my annual Murder  Mystery  Party.  This year my theme is a  Pirates.   I'd like opinions on the best  Rum for a pirate.  I  usually  drink  Captain  Morgan,  spiced.   Any  suggestions?  Or ideas?  I already have quite a bit of pirate decorations  to add  to the ambiance.

RenStarr

Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

609wood

I prefer sailor Jerry.  It's a milder spiced rum that I think many people will enjoy vs a heavy rum that tends to turn people off.

Good luck with your party. Sounds like fun! 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Bob of the Lake

I recently had my first taste of Pyrat Rum and really liked it. Spiced and a little sweet but not overdone at all--very tasty!
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Bob of the Lake on September 04, 2013, 12:43:02 PM
I recently had my first taste of Pyrat Rum and really liked it. Spiced and a little sweet but not overdone at all--very tasty!

I liked that one too, until I tried the Kraken :)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

DonaCatalina

Pusser's British Navy Rum is surprisingly good as well.
You certainly will find it difficult to find one with a seagoing history. LOL.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Jade

So  many   choices, I  might just have to have a tasting.  lol.   I will likely be getting  some of the big  bottles of the  Captain still,  given the price and quantity I will need.   I can use that for  mixed beverages.  I really like the bottle for  kraken-  punches are going in  growlers,  but  I'd be  able to keep the rum in  that I think. However, I  can hardly judge it just on that.  lol.  I might get Pussers  for the guests who are playing  the  Commodore, Governor,  and  Privateer.   In other words,  I'm likely to have a whole lot of rum.   And lots of food to go with to keep them sober enough to stay in character!  Fortunately  the company I use  doesn't have lines for  people to remember,  just a list ofthings they should discuss with different people before and after  the  murder occurs, leaving it up to them how they do it.