News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

renaissance festival mn

Started by Bibek01, September 07, 2013, 07:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibek01

This festival was started in September of 1971 on a 22 acre field in Jonathan, MN. 25,000 people or even more visited the two weekend grand opening of the festival. renaissance festival mn That celebration has since relocated to Shakopee, MN and found to be the largest Renaissance Festival in the United States.

Merlin the Elder

Methinks you might find an argument on the size from TRF. Their 2012 attendance, if you include School Days, was over 600,000 for the season, with nearly 60,000 attending the closing day.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

RenStarr

My friend Merlin the Elder is correct.  I do remember seeing a total attendance figure for TRF at 606,000 for 2012. 

An interesting FYI:  The owner of TFR (Referred to as King George/I can't remember his last name) started the MN Ren Faire.  He ran it for 3-4 years, sold the operation and moved to Texas.  He then started TRF.
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell