News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sending positive energies to our friends in Colorado...

Started by Merlin the Elder, September 14, 2013, 04:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenStarr

Nice update Lady De Laney!

Hope Zoe and her husband are ok.  She was very generous with good info on the Estes Park area prior to us getting up that way. 
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

Zoë

Hi friends, hubby and I (and the uterine companion) are fine. We were cut off from communication till yesterday morning. The situation is pretty severe here still but we are doing okay. We never lost electricity or clean water, and we only had minor flooding in our crawlspace. The devastation here is widespread and it is pretty hard to comprehend, it just seems to get worse every day. The major roads are completely destroyed and we are being told it could take 6 months for Highway 36 and up to 12 months for Highway 34 to be repaired. For the time being we can get out via Trail Ridge Road (until it closes for the winter) and Highway 7 through to Central City but only residents, emergencies and deliveries are being allowed back in and we expect that to continue for some time.

The future is kind of up in the air right now on the livelihood of our little town since we depend so much on tourism, but I guess we'll take it a day at a time. I do know, however, that my immediate future DOES include a trip to Santa Fe for the faire this weekend, since we now have a route out of town. I decided it was something that needed to happen so I could get back my sense of "normal", whatever that means now.

Thanks all for the kind wishes.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Rani Zemirah

I'm glad so many are accounted for!  I still have a couple in Gold Hill I haven't been able to contact, and they live in a cabin built on a steep mountain slope, so I'm worried. 

Still praying...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin the Elder

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Norfolk

The Duchess and I have been in touch with brother Edmund (formerly Wheatie).  They arrived home last Monday to find four feet of water in their finished basement.  Washer, drier, furnaces, and a large quantity of Lady Joyce's art materials will have to be replaced.  Their appearance in KC is undecided at present.  Despite this tragedy, his attitude is amazingly positive.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Zoë

We have been assisting many of our neighbors with basements here...the ground is just so saturated that the water keeps coming up even though the flooding is over, by and large. Our sump pump has been running constantly since Thursday afternoon but we are still remaining dry. Many of our neighbors were not so lucky--carpets, furniture, belongings all ruined. The cleanup downtown is progressing positively and I am back to work in my office this morning, even though it is a bit on the muddy side. We are lucky enough to be in a good area. We still have running water, electricity and proper sanitation where there are neighborhoods within only a mile or two of us who do not. There is a pretty wide spectrum of damage and recovery here. But, the sun is out today and that is a positive sign. Rivers are receding all over town and we might get back to some sense of "normal" soon.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Merlin the Elder

Sorry to hear about Edmund/Wheatie.  If you speak with him again, let him know we are thinking of them.  I wish there was something we could do...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Hausfrau Monica

I am so sad to see all of the photos and hear these comments...now that I know what a beautiful place on earth Estes Park and Lyons are. Ian is keeping me updated. Please be well and safe everyone.

Rani Zemirah

It really is hard to lose so much... but I am very grateful that so far, almost everyone has checked in, and is safe! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede