News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Quad City Celtic Highland games 2013

Started by Rowan MacD, September 16, 2013, 01:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

http://www.celtichighlandgames.org/
Next weekend in Davenport Iowa.  Admission is free.   
Haggis, Scotch eggs and tatties will cost ye.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Rowan MacD

We had a really great turnout this year!  Weather was gorgeous and our tents were facing the sheepdog demo and caber toss.
   It's always interesting when you get the big guys who think "I can do that-noooo problem". 
   Then they sign the waiver for amateur class (they don't have to wear a kilt the first time) and step up to the inscrutable athlete who is holding the caber for him. 
  If he doesn't squish himself  (or the line judge or one of the spotters) he may even be able to lift it off the ground, LOL. 
IWG wench #3139 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I had a great time there - weather was great and the game were good.  Hung out a bit with the Wylde Nept guys and talked to Exorna for bit about bodhran playing (my new hobby).  Looked like a nice turnout (and they had Smithwicks!! )

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on September 23, 2013, 01:02:47 PM
I had a great time there - weather was great and the game were good.  Hung out a bit with the Wylde Nept guys and talked to Exorna for bit about bodhran playing (my new hobby).  Looked like a nice turnout (and they had Smithwicks!! )
We were listening to the drums from the entertainment tent,  we were listening to every set Wylde Nept played ^_^. 
We had a wee lass harping for us all day right next door!  She was getting ready for her first real gig, and daddy wanted her to get used to an audience.  Did you stop by the tents?  Clans Davidson and Cochrane were facing the caber/dog demo fields.   We were in between the Harpers/Dulcimers (it was bliss) and the Irish dancers.   
  We were told Clan MacThomas won best tent this year (we won in 2012).
IWG wench #3139 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Yep, I saw the ones you mentioned, but did not see you. I watched the dulcimer for a bit.  I work with 2 members of Wylde Nept.  Left shortly after the Sandcarvers started playing. Also watched a bit of the herding and cabor tossing.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

Either David or I were at the tents at all times except the parade at 10:30; we both had to go to that one since we each had a clan tartan to carry.   I was in the Davidson tent and David was in the Cochrane.
  We had a couple of busy times when you really couldn't see us behind the folks looking over the clan literature, or studying the map display between the tents.   We were there all day, but it was so lovely outside the day just flew by....
IWG wench #3139 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell