News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

KC Rendezvous folk: Friday night food (please weigh in)

Started by gem, September 17, 2013, 06:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem

Our goodly committee is finalizing plans for the great Friday evening feast (bill of fare is famed local KC BBQ), and we need:

1.) A head count
2.) A gauge of peoples' special dietary needs. If possible, we'd like to accommodate allergies/gluten intolerances/vegetarian etc... but we need to know what and how many! So if you need something, please speak up now!

---Also, you are invited, encouraged, and welcome to bring any and all specialities from home that you'd like to share. (Craisin oatmeal cookies? Um, did I say that out loud?!) We are prepared and able to feed the lot of ye, but the more the merrier!

---We will be providing beverages (pop, H20, perhaps coffee), but alcohol is BYOB. Local liquor store information to come.

Cheers!

Merlin the Elder

This will be at the Super 8, correct? Nimue and I plan to be there...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Count us in for 2.

(Was that the craisin cookies m'lady made?)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

iain robb

Count us in for 2 as well. No allergies, no food-related issues (unless you count an aversion to durian).

Butch

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on September 18, 2013, 06:01:43 AM
Count us in for 2.

(Was that the craisin cookies m'lady made?)
Umm...YES!!!  Way to break the code, Gauwyn!

Ms Trish

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Norfolk

The Duchess and I will be there, but will not be eating -- just drinking and enjoying the company.   :)
Just call me "Your Grace"

Ms Trish

Quote from: Norfolk on September 18, 2013, 08:58:49 AM
The Duchess and I will be there, but will not be eating -- just drinking and enjoying the company.   :)
Drinking his dinner...a man after my own heart :)
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Norfolk

Quote from: Ms Trish on September 18, 2013, 10:07:36 AM
Quote from: Norfolk on September 18, 2013, 08:58:49 AM
Drinking his dinner...a man after my own heart :)

Well ... That's not EXACTLY what I had in mind, but it's worth considering!    ;)
Just call me "Your Grace"

Lady Renee Buchanan

Definitely 4, maybe 5 if WTJ's mom comes with.  Can't speak for the others about food allergies, but I can die if I eat grapefruit (what a way to spoil a party!), and I can't be anywhere around cigarette smoke.  Please don't read that like nobody can smoke - not at all, I don't mean that!  I'm just saying this, so if I seem like I'm snobby and not wanting to talk to anybody, it's not that.  I'm just trying to stay far away enough from the smoke.     ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Merlin the Elder

Why did a Beatle song just run through my head?  Oh, yeah... It was Lady Renee singing "I Don't Want to Spoil the Party."  ::)  8)

iain robb

Wow, I am so glad Lady Renee brought up smoking. I didn't even think about it because so few places allow smoking anymore, but my wife is allergic to smoke. Not just, second-hand smoke could eventually kill her, like the rest of us, but she has a reaction similar to the flu and sometimes similar to asthma.

As Lady Renee said, don't want to spoil the party, but we'll have to stay away from the smokers too.

Merlin the Elder

I'll be marking 5 years smoke-free a couple weeks beyond RenDezvous.  It doesn't bother me in moderation, but we had a house-guest a couple months ago, and we'd sit on the porch and talk while he and his gal smoked. Oddly, I've smelled cigarette smoke everywhere since, even where I know there is no cigarette smoke.

Marietta Graziella

Count us in for 2 (MG and VV)

We have no food allergies/concerns/etc.  We love pretty much everything, especially KC BBQ!!

We'll have to think of something fun to bring and share.  :D

Can't wait!
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Edmund Howard

You can count us in for two for the food.  Bar-b-que is great for us.  Lady Joyce has lactose issues, but shouldn't be a problem for this.