News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Countdown to RenDezvous!!

Started by Tamtaro, September 19, 2013, 03:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin the Elder

I'm not sure what I should be counting down...opening cannon, or opening of the meet-and-greet on Friday. MnG is 10 days away. We're about to go single digits. I've arranged for our cat sitter, and Nimue says she has the garb box packed, so we're about ready.

Accuweather offers the following as of this morning: (hi/lo)
Friday - 64°/45° - Sunny
Saturday - 66°/46° - Sunny
Sunday - 66°/45° - Sunshine
Monday - 67°/46° - Partial sunshine

I think we shall be able to fight our way through this awful weather, eh?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

iain robb

Only PARTIAL sunshine on Monday? Horrors! Are you off your weather-spell-casting game, Merlin?

Merlin the Elder

Not at all! Photographers actually prefer an overcast day for best results. Being the last day of the faire, I thought I should offer them the opportunity. I am a very nice wizard!

Butch

Monday will be a short day at KCRF; the closing canon will go at 5:00, I'm told.

It is also "School Day", so the lanes will be filled with lots of school children (up through high school).  My experience has been pleasant on "School Day" in the past, most all of the children want to be there, and are genuinely interested in talking to the villagers and playtrons.

Don't forget your white elephant gifts for Friday night's meet and greet!

iain robb

I'm not sure whether I'm getting nervous or excited. I love the way plans for Rendezvous itself are coming together, but I can't seem to nail down my trip up and back. I'm supposed to stop for a couple of business meetings along the way ... yuck ... and without those nailed down, I can't reserve hotel rooms for the night ...

Ah well, worst case scenario, I come straight on up.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: iain robb on October 01, 2013, 02:47:27 PM
I'm not sure whether I'm getting nervous or excited. I love the way plans for Rendezvous itself are coming together, but I can't seem to nail down my trip up and back. I'm supposed to stop for a couple of business meetings along the way ... yuck ... and without those nailed down, I can't reserve hotel rooms for the night ...

Ah well, worst case scenario, I come straight on up.

Sounds like us, we 'plan' many ren faire visits based on my wife's meeting schedule :)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Marietta Graziella

Thought we had found our 2 white elephant gifts but we liked the one so much, we're keeping it.  :P  Sorry!!  ;)  Still hunting for the perfect item to replace it.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on October 01, 2013, 05:48:18 AM
I'm not sure what I should be counting down...opening cannon, or opening of the meet-and-greet on Friday. MnG is 10 days away. We're about to go single digits. I've arranged for our cat sitter, and Nimue says she has the garb box packed, so we're about ready.

Accuweather offers the following as of this morning: (hi/lo)
Friday - 64°/45° - Sunny
Saturday - 66°/46° - Sunny
Sunday - 66°/45° - Sunshine
Monday - 67°/46° - Partial sunshine

I think we shall be able to fight our way through this awful weather, eh?
[/quote

Garb bag packed?  Geez, you're good!  I usually don't finally decide what to wear until the night before we leave, and then am up at the crack of dawn packing it on the morning of!  Since wildthingjew and Miss Katie Scarlett will be staying at my house on Thursday night, I may have to alter my usual method, if I possibly can!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Ms Trish

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on October 02, 2013, 07:35:26 AM
Thought we had found our 2 white elephant gifts but we liked the one so much, we're keeping it.  :P  Sorry!!  ;)  Still hunting for the perfect item to replace it.
I'm still on the hunt too.
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Merlin the Elder

We know what one will be...the second is in Nim's head. That's right! BRAINZ!

iain robb

Well, I was going to bring one of these for the White Elephant gift exchange, but I couldn't find a used one:

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Hunters-Specialties-Butt-Out-II&i=414535

So I found something better.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Merlin the Elder

Why, Iain!  You are even more warped than I thought! Blessed be!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: iain robb on October 03, 2013, 05:48:35 AM
Well, I was going to bring one of these for the White Elephant gift exchange, but I couldn't find a used one:

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Hunters-Specialties-Butt-Out-II&i=414535

I do hope if you DO find a used one, that you pay particular attention to the 3rd bullet point!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

iain robb

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on October 03, 2013, 08:32:49 AM
Quote from: iain robb on October 03, 2013, 05:48:35 AM

I do hope if you DO find a used one, that you pay particular attention to the 3rd bullet point!

Cleaning and disinfecting it would take all the fun out of it. "What is this? Oh. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"