News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What do you drink from?

Started by 609wood, September 20, 2013, 11:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

I love the tankard. I know what you mean by solid.  :)
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Zardoz

I had one of the ubiquitous wood mugs for a while, but after I broke the handle off several years ago I replaced it with this stainless unit; it's tough, insulated, and shiny!

you can't see it so well, but it has Merlin's 'charm of making' engraved on it.

and a pingin on the bottom.

"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

DonaCatalina

that's really cool Zardoz. Where did you find it?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Rowan MacD

David and I have plain brass goblets we purchased at faire from an enterprising vendor who specializes id scavenging thrift stores.  We paid $7.00 each-they hold about 8oz.
I would like to have a larger one, but I'm too cheap to spend $30-$40 for one. Still keeping my eye out.
  One of my favorite mugs is a nice, heavy, shiny stainless steel one that I picked up ia few years ago in Des Moines at a clearance table outside of an awards shop.  It looks nearly identical to Zardoz's tankard and the heavy metal keeps the beverages cool. It holds about  12-16oz.
   I paid $6.00 for it.
   I still need to find a pretty mug lid for this.
   I have used over sized corks and sometimes, a square of fabric that is weighted on the corners that I can use for my goblet too.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Jared Thorne

I have gone through several mugs in the years that I have attended faire. I like the leather ones with the wax seal but you can't drink hot beverages from them. I love the one mug that I bought online many years ago that has the Rogues Guild emblem on one side and my guild name on the other. I can't remember how much I paid for it, but it was a considerable sum ($80+), but I retired it a long time ago as I think it has a crack in it near the lip. The mug I use now is pewter-like (don't remember the name of the material) that I bought at TnRF 10 years ago that holds a pint or so. It isn't fancy, but I like the look of it and it is solid.
Jared Thorne
aka Sir Charles of Loveland Castle
KOGT
Rogue #261
LVH #76
IFRP #80

Zardoz

Quote from: DonaCatalina on October 25, 2013, 04:46:04 AM
that's really cool Zardoz. Where did you find it?

I got it new in the box on ebay for like 5 bucks... I had the engraving done at Things Remembered in the mall, and stuck the penny on myself.  If you want to find one it's from a company called StainlessLUX
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Ser Niall

I purchased this goblet on ebay a few years ago for $10.  I believe it's pewter, but not quite sure.  Large enough to hold 24oz of beer, huzzah!  My local festival won't pour into your own goblet, but will let you purchase two beers at the same time so I can pour them myself.

Quote from: Captain Jack Wolfe on September 21, 2013, 07:16:12 PM

... of course.  8)

Awesome!  My wife has this mug.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

Lady Katherine Rose

I use a wooden tankard I bought from an Etsy seller last year. I love it! So much easier to stay hydrated when one has a mug to carry around full of water.  ;D

Nidhoggr

Ye-Olde 44 ounce leather mug with an engraved and embossed Mjolnir on it.  They used to fill it for 5 dollars with beer or the drink the Bloody Knight I created lol.

ThornAndThimble

I have a tankard that I found at a thrift store for 2.00. I also made a leather wrapped glass jug to fill with water when I've had too much wine.  ;D