News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2013 KCRF Thoughts?

Started by Butch, September 23, 2013, 06:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

We really have a great faire!  Kinda miss Musical Blades and Gary Siler.  Really miss Ogrot.  Like Tinker McLea an awful lot!  They moved the pub sing to the Dragon's Breath stage (the old Washer Well Wenches stage), and have cleaned up the material to be family friendly.  They TOOK AWAY the court dance on the cobblestones at the end of the day!  BOO!  They have a mud show new this year, and it is really pretty funny!

What about everyone else?  What have you liked and disliked this year?

Merlin the Elder

I'll let you know in 3 weeks... Looking forward to finally getting to KCRF!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

kcdcchef

Quote from: Butch on September 23, 2013, 06:09:07 PM
We really have a great faire!  Kinda miss Musical Blades and Gary Siler.  Really miss Ogrot.  Like Tinker McLea an awful lot!  They moved the pub sing to the Dragon's Breath stage (the old Washer Well Wenches stage), and have cleaned up the material to be family friendly.  They TOOK AWAY the court dance on the cobblestones at the end of the day!  BOO!  They have a mud show new this year, and it is really pretty funny!

What about everyone else?  What have you liked and disliked this year?

that makes me sad beyond belief, the best part of the whole damn day is the naughty funny pub sing, now it's a PG event? get a clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is jolly rogers still a big part of pub sing at least?

saw gary siler at the pittsburgh renaissance festival a couple weeks ago, couldn't believe he wasn't at KCRF. was hopeful i'd see him at KCRF but he told me not in 2013. very very sad. hopefully in 2014 he'll be back.

is axel the sot back this season?

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

Yes. Axle is back and at the Seafarer's Beergarden stage.
IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58

Tamtaro

Last weekend's weather was amaaayzing!  It was kcdcchef weather!  This weekend will be nice too, but a little warmer (low 70s? upper 60s?).  You gonna' make it out kcdcchef?  I know you've probably already mentioned it somewhere around here, but I live under a rock...

Tamtaro

I saw the Mud Show for the first time and was also amused with the unexpected wordsmithing!  Don't sit on the front row unless you WANT to be in the "sploosh" zone!

The Queen's Tea was a first for me this year too.   It was super-scrumdiddlyumptious (yep) and magical!!  They did stories and the Fairies served the tea.  Very childlike and sweet (and yummy!)  *heart, heart, love, love*

As for Pub Sing, I have seen it this year but had only seen the previous incarnation once or twice by comparison.  The new was a great little taste of several musical numbers and a mini-court dance.  It was a family-friendly show (but with beer wenches & jokes over the heads of little ears).    The one from last year was more grown up with bawdy songs - I remember "Bugger Off" and the "You're the Best! (Yes! Yes! Yes!)" songs particularly ;)

Merlin the Elder

...and I cannot wait to see that lovely grin in person, Tamtaro!

Aniroaldawen

Since there's been a few questions here, the deal with the Pub Sing is that the Jolly Rogers wanted to bring it back to what it was like years ago, when it was a big musicians' jam and chance for everybody to play and sing together.  That's why the super-bawdy stuff has been 86ed.  (It has been cool for me, because I've been a participant in pub sing this year..I'm the wench on the right side of the stage with the pirate hat and the fiddle! :-) )

Tamtaro

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on October 10, 2013, 05:06:25 PM
...and I cannot wait to see that lovely grin in person, Tamtaro!
I'm unfortunately delayed but heading out in the AM!! See you at the gate!! ;D

Tamtaro

Quote from: Aniroaldawen on October 10, 2013, 09:58:05 PM
(It has been cool for me, because I've been a participant in pub sing this year..I'm the wench on the right side of the stage with the pirate hat and the fiddle! :-) )
I wish I could play an instrument - your group was my favorite!!

kcdcchef

I'll be at the Chess Match, Pub Sing, and Mud show for sure tomorrow, and parade. So looking forward to meeting Tamtaro, Butch, Merlin the Elder. Round ROUND glasses, Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival sweatshirt, I'll be easy to find. Monday wearing a KC Chiefs pullover, that'll make me harder to find.

Merlin the Elder

Tamtaro was a Saturday only. Nimue and I met her, and she is as delightful as the smile implies. We are weighing out options at this point, due to Nim's injury on Saturday. She sprained her ankle right before the RenDezvous pictures.  :-\