News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I miss OHRF!

Started by Mlle de Carcassonne, September 28, 2013, 08:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mlle de Carcassonne

I just wanted to say that I've been missing this festival since I've moved away. Maybe I'm biased because I've been going there for so long, but I've visited a couple other ones since, and I must say that OHRF has been my favorite so far.

I've been to the Minnesota one in Shakopee, but I wasn't there for very long, so maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. And I just went to King Richard's Faire in Massachusetts today. Though I enjoyed it, the exorbitant entrance fee that went to proprietors in a far-away state left me with a bad feeling.

The main reason I prefer OHRF is because the workers really interact with the patrons. I have some of the funniest memories. Plus, I felt like there were more shops.

Just thought I'd share!

StareNorthSteve

Thanks for sharing! ORF was my first too. T'was like stepping out of reality for an entire day. Fortunately, I still get to go every year. Hopefully you'll get back sometime soon.

sns
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Capt. Morgan

ORF was my first Faire as well and I can't tell you how happy I am that I and my friends will be there once more the weekend of Oct. 12th! It will be like coming Home!

((HUGS)) till then!
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.