News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Meeting place? Parking? Tailgating?

Started by Marietta Graziella, October 04, 2013, 08:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marietta Graziella

I was looking at the map for your faire and thinking it quite charming.

Does your faire have a Fest Friends or Friends of Faire members only area?

Another question, will the RenDezvous crew be gathering/lingering/meeting up at any particular area throughout the weekend? A place where you could always find more R/F people to meet up and take group photos?

Are we tailgating in the morning before going in? This matters only because I need to know if I should pack breakfast beer. (we have breakfast while we finish getting dressed in the parking lot)

Which brings the next question of, do we have VIP parking or a certain area we are to head towards?

It's almost here and we're so excited!!
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Butch

*Does your faire have a Fest Friends or Friends of Faire members only area?
No.  We wish it were otherwise.

*Another question, will the RenDezvous crew be gathering/lingering/meeting up at any particular area throughout the weekend? A place where you could always find more R/F people to meet up and take group photos?
We will gather twice on Saturday; once in the morning, and once in the afternoon.  Details will be provided at the Meet and Greet on Friday night.

*Are we tailgating in the morning before going in? This matters only because I need to know if I should pack breakfast beer. (we have breakfast while we finish getting dressed in the parking lot)...Which brings the next question of, do we have VIP parking or a certain area we are to head towards?
Lemme give some background on this:  In years past, I have attempted to organize pre-cannon "tailgating" at KCRF.  And although there is a lot of support and permission given by the organizers (i.e. Roger) to do it at (whatever) location in the parking lot, the parking lot crew (parkers and security) do not get the word, or disregard the word, so there is a lot of verbal conflict to park in a certain area.  So, we DO NOT have a certain area to park.  Just park where directed.  We ARE NOT orgainizing a pre-cannon tailgate.  That being said, I will most likely (personally) bring some stuff to do a pre-cannon tailgate for myself and whomever is around.  So, MG, if I were you, I would pack breakfast beer!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Always look forward to the parking lot meet!!!

Maybe we should gather at the hotel and caravan

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin the Elder

Do they have a parking area for handicapped?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Butch

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on October 04, 2013, 09:06:36 AM
Do they have a parking area for handicapped?
Yes!  OUTSTANDING parking area for handicapped!  When you drive in, you will go all the way to where the castle wall is, and you will be directed to the left (once they see the appropriate license plate or hanger).  It is EXTREMELY close to the front gate!

Butch

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on October 04, 2013, 08:22:22 AM
Always look forward to the parking lot meet!!!

Maybe we should gather at the hotel and caravan
Yes, my thoughts exactly!

Ms Trish

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Ms Trish

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on October 04, 2013, 12:40:42 PM
Quote from: Ms Trish on October 04, 2013, 10:12:15 AM
Breakfast beer - check! So excited!

I'm already practicing:)
Now to decide if I bring Finnegan's with me or risk my beer divaishness on something I find locally!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Butch

Try some of our Boulevard products!  The 80 Acre is fantastic!  Also, there is a brewery near St Louis (O'Fallons) that is pretty good (especially their pumpkin ale).  There is a brewery just North of the fairegrounds called "Weston Brewing" that has great packaging, but I have found their beers to be a bit of a letdown.  Heck, bring some Finnegans AND go Diva on some local brews!

Merlin the Elder

I've had some of the Boulevard selections...they sell them here. I have enjoyed them.

I may bring some of our local brews. We have some good, some bad. I'll skip the latter.  I do like the Diamond Bear IPA, but I tend to like hoppy beers.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Norfolk

Quote from: Ms Trish on October 04, 2013, 12:46:10 PM
Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on October 04, 2013, 12:40:42 PM
Quote from: Ms Trish on October 04, 2013, 10:12:15 AM
Breakfast beer - check! So excited!

I'm already practicing:)
Now to decide if I bring Finnegan's with me or risk my beer divaishness on something I find locally!

"Divaishness"??? 
Just call me "Your Grace"

Amyj

Ehrmagherd!  I have been away too long!!!  Due to a new temp job that pays well...Pirate Bob and I WILL be able to make Rendezvous this year!!!  WooT!  Look for the red-ish, hail dented Saturn Coupe (most likely in the "back" parking lot off to the side, that's where we seem to always get put)!  We shall attempt to have some O'Fallon pumpkin ale to offer for breakfast goodness and if I can devise a way to smuggle it in, cinnamon roll in the flask!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

Quote from: Amyj on October 05, 2013, 10:18:26 AM
Ehrmagherd!  I have been away too long!!!  Due to a new temp job that pays well...Pirate Bob and I WILL be able to make Rendezvous this year!!!  WooT!  Look for the red-ish, hail dented Saturn Coupe (most likely in the "back" parking lot off to the side, that's where we seem to always get put)!  We shall attempt to have some O'Fallon pumpkin ale to offer for breakfast goodness and if I can devise a way to smuggle it in, cinnamon roll in the flask!

Good news Amyj! Look forward to seeing you and Pirate Bob!

You shouldn't have too many issues with flasks. Been carrying mine in all season. Never a question.
IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58

iain robb

Getting back to the topic ... I like the idea of caravaning over to the site. We'll have room for two more couples in our minivan if anyone wants a ride over.