News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Meeting place? Parking? Tailgating?

Started by Marietta Graziella, October 04, 2013, 08:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms Trish

Quote from: Norfolk on October 04, 2013, 10:25:05 PM
"Divaishness"???
As I am a beer diva. I don't drink just any ol' bottle of hops!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Merlin the Elder

Chances of us lasting the entire day are questionable at best, so riding with, or carrying others would not be a good option for us.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Norfolk

Just call me "Your Grace"

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Ms Trish on October 05, 2013, 08:44:00 PM
"Divaishness"???

Um, I have never seen you turn one down ( I must have good hops)

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Ms Trish

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on October 06, 2013, 12:03:49 PM
Quote from: Ms Trish on October 05, 2013, 08:44:00 PM
"Divaishness"???

Um, I have never seen you turn one down ( I must have good hops)
Clearly you have good taste ;-)
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Merlin the Elder

I am NOT going to comment. The openings are WAY too easy...   ::)

Greybeard

Quote from: iain robb on October 05, 2013, 06:47:10 PM
Getting back to the topic ... I like the idea of caravaning over to the site. We'll have room for two more couples in our minivan if anyone wants a ride over.

Caravaning is the easiest way to park together. ..parking staff parks u in sections...worth a try anyway

Lady Renee Buchanan

Is there a way to put up the RF banner in the parking lot so that it will be visible, in case we get separated while parking?  That way, people will know where to congregate.  As in the past, I'm thinking the group will enter together?  Yes?  No?

Also, will the Rendezvous march in the parade with the banner?  Is there a parade?  Will the banner be inside the faire at the designated meeting place for the photos, at the pub, etc.?

Was anything decided about a group dinner on Saturday night.  Heard that KC BBQ is the best!  I know I have lots of questions!  But we don't want to miss a thing!!!!!!    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Butch

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on October 07, 2013, 05:49:28 AM
Is there a way to put up the RF banner in the parking lot so that it will be visible, in case we get separated while parking?  That way, people will know where to congregate.  As in the past, I'm thinking the group will enter together?  Yes?  No?

Also, will the Rendezvous march in the parade with the banner?  Is there a parade?  Will the banner be inside the faire at the designated meeting place for the photos, at the pub, etc.?

Was anything decided about a group dinner on Saturday night.  Heard that KC BBQ is the best!  I know I have lots of questions!  But we don't want to miss a thing!!!!!!    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Banner in the parking lot?  Hmmm, maybe!  We'll see what we can do!  In any event, we will loosely congregate outside the front gate and go in together.  Additionally, we plan to gather inside the gates twice on Saturday.  The second time will have our banner and a photo op!

Will we march in the parade (yes, we have a parade!) with the banner?  This is the first time the issue has been brought up, and we are less than a week away.  I will ask, but most likely not.  The parade banner bearers have skits that they have rehearsed all season.

Group dinner on Saturday night?  Our committee has reviewed this issue at length, and after discussion (and verification) with other honchos from previous RenDezVous', have decided to go with our original plan of allowing individuals to gather as they see fit and dine together in those groups.  We will have lists and locations of local restaurants that we will be handing out at the Friday night Meet and Greet (and during the remainder of the weekend for those who do not attend the Friday festivities).

Merlin the Elder

You said that HC parking was close to the gate. We'll be there with Homer, the Odyssey, if everyone wishes to gather on our position.

Capt Spleen

The banner put up would help for locating eachother Saturday morning for a Tail Gate initiative!
However, it may be helpful to just call out "RENAISSANCEFESTIVAL" and wait for the reply "DOT-COM" likened to marco-Polo?     ....for locating ourselves that morning. Just an idea.

As for tailgate libations, I am amped to begin the day with Mimosas, however,
I enjoy my mimosas, sans the orange juice! 

Butch,
Call or PM if you need any assistance with anything at all....

Capt Deadeye Dungeon Spleen, Dungeon Master of DerringDo, and Provocateur at your DisService!   

Gauwyn of Bracknell

For second breakfast, I have several bottles of my mead.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Capt Spleen

...and for Breakfast dessert or second breakfast, I may feel the need.... The need.........for........MEAD!

Merlin the Elder

I don't drink anymore.... I don't drink any less, either! I'm sure that Homer, the Odyssey, will have something on board.

iain robb

Quote from: Capt Spleen on October 07, 2013, 11:06:06 PM
...and for Breakfast dessert or second breakfast, I may feel the need.... The need.........for........MEAD!

Where's the LIKE button? :)