News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Advice on a better, slightly more HA bottom?

Started by theChuck, October 06, 2013, 04:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theChuck

Quote from: Ser Niall on May 23, 2014, 11:16:58 AM
If you're worried about the gap, you could probably get Pendragon to shorten the panes a bit.  My wife has a dress from them, and they have done repairs on it for free.  They usually have to ship it out to California to do this though, so the turn around time might be a few weeks.

That's good to know. Might send it to them during the summer (between the spring and fall fairs) to see if they can do that.

Quote from: Ser Niall on May 23, 2014, 11:16:58 AM
Also, if you're good with a needle, it probably wouldn't be too difficult to sew another lining inside of your breeches so that you can stuff them.  You might even be able to just pin some stuffing on the inside so that they poof out more.

Rowen MacD recommended tulle as a stuffing material; would you agree, or is there another material you'd think? (Hay or straw is probably going to be less than pleasant.)
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Ser Niall

Quote from: theChuck on May 24, 2014, 07:40:49 AM
Rowen MacD recommended tulle as a stuffing material; would you agree, or is there another material you'd think? (Hay or straw is probably going to be less than pleasant.)

Yes, tulle is definitely the way to go.  It's cheap, light, and holds it's shape.  I use it as stuffing for my own slops; I think I used a yard in total (1/2 yard for each leg).
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

DonaCatalina

I'll second using the tulle for stuffing because it doesn't make the pants hotter the way that cushion stuffing would.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess