News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Plotting out barbarian garb... no idea about bottom half

Started by TKM, May 09, 2008, 08:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daylight

Good ideas for the botton I would start with a skirt possibly from any thrift store  cut peices and sew to the skit of fur or leather cover all the skirt once skirt is covered you can had a pocket or sleave to hold some weapons you can leave pices of fur hanging off and to add the rough look so it does not look perfect  that way it will coverup any store bought product and save the time of making it, you can cut up the middle of skirt and remove small section and make holes so you lace up what you cut out that will add to the skirt as well. I would use differnt kinds and colors of fur to make it look more real.   for the boots do the same thing buy a pair of boots and add fur to them to cover all of the store bought boot you made to glue the fur on first.wrap in leather strings to fur on boot for a real look  check out some chain mel for the upper part of your garb to add the look as well. you can slide a fake blade down the side of your boot as well for added wepons. and then add a cloak around you back of fur tied on with leather wraps. just a thoguth I hope I helped you have fun playing with your garb  ;D

LadyOren

Fur wraps on your legs would look awesome, no big fuss either, you could even use faux fur.  Just get enough to wrap around your legs, then take wide strips of either canvas fabric or leather, or even rope would work to hold the fur in place.  Be sure to post pics of what you finally come up with.
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

TKM

lol, thanks for the acting help to those who gave it, though i already have that part down. yeah, i'll be talking like a muscle-headed brute, but at KCRF, i'll be just one more barbarian amongst a dozen others. there's quite a large barbarian guild there, and they're all friends of mine, so my behavior isn't exactly going to be throwing a lot of attention to "hey, look! i'm a barbarian! you can tell by my actions!" it just seems unnecessary.

i've been looking at a lot of footwear options, and i think i'm going to go with either moccasins or mid-shin high boots. in either case, it would be brown leather with white fur accents. it's been a while since i've been able to talk to my friend jim gasser, the head barbarian at KCRF, but as soon as i do, i plan to ask him his opinion on the issue.