News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Denver Fabrics Linen Blend Sale

Started by isabelladangelo, May 07, 2014, 02:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isabelladangelo

http://www.denverfabrics.com/c1059_apparel-fabric-linen-fabrics-linen-rayonlinen-blend

Denver Fabrics has all their linen blends on sale for $3.95 a yard.   Be careful and try to buy only the blends that are at least 50% linen (most of them are).  Linen rayon blends can be nice to work with and wear outside but only if most of the fabric content is linen.  I've used several before and they tend to get less wrinkly than normal linen (woohoo!).  The colors Denver fabrics have up actually look pretty nice - I see a lot of pinks and greens!. 

Rani Zemirah

(le sigh)  I wish I could afford to buy some! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

isabelladangelo

Hehehe!   I busted the bank the other day when I saw some silk for sale over at fabric dot com.  It was $3.84 a yard.  At that price, I really didn't care what color it was (it was brown and anything cna be dyed black), I had to buy some.  We'll see how much I end up with - if any.  For the past couple of years, Fabric dot com has been lousy about their actual stock versus what it says online. 

I also was very bad an bought some lovely striped linen (technically a blend but I'm not counting the 1% that is metallic threads).  I saw it at Joanns and it begged me to come home with me and make it a Turkish/Italian style coat.  I couldn't argue when it also happened to mention it was on sale....

gem

Ooooh, was it the light blue-on-cream stripe? I have been stalking that for YEARS at our JA. I want it for a Florentine turban.

...Of to check out the sale! I need lining for my English Fitted Gown!

CenturiesSewing

I should not get brown linen, I should not get brown linen I do not need more projects....

isabelladangelo

Quote from: gem on May 07, 2014, 05:24:50 PM
Ooooh, was it the light blue-on-cream stripe? I have been stalking that for YEARS at our JA. I want it for a Florentine turban.

This was the stuff I picked up at Joanns:

photo 1 par Isabella, on ipernity

The picture doesn't do it justice at all.  It's a very pleasant orange with red, pink, white, and gold stripes.  It's very Turkish looking.  I plan on doing pink linen pants with the outfit - hopefully before Pennsic.  I need at least one more Italian Turkish outfit. 

gem

Drool!! I am coming to your house in the middle of the night and taking that.  ;D

isabelladangelo

Too late!  This poor fabric actually has a line of people trying to steal it.   ;D 

gem

FWIW, Fabric Mart is also having a big linen sale. The prices aren't as low as Denver Fabrics, but they have a really interesting variety, and their shipping prices are excellent:

Fabric Mart Linen Sale