News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

RenDezVous 2013 - Un-Official Thank You Thread!

Started by Merlin the Elder, October 14, 2013, 02:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Our third RenDezVous in as many years, and I cannot say enough good things.  Some of the hosts, we never got a chance to meet, simply because of crisscrossing schedules, but I'll start with a big shout out...really big....HUGE...to Butch (who we met at 2011 RenDezVous), Delirious (or Shanon with one 'N') who we still didn't meet, but saw scurrying by at a distance, Jeff and his bride, and the rest of the KC crew.

...and I apologize for losing names in all of the festivities. I'm not good with them to begin with, and hearing `dane name and faire name, and trying to keep them aligned and organized...well, forget it.

We met with old friends, and made some new. For all the concern and assistance when Nimue twisted her ankle, we are appreciative move than you know, with special accolades to the Physician to the Stars, Lord Norfolk.

I look forward to a posting of an official R/F RenDezVous 2013 pic, and would like to get it tagged so I can start working on remembering all the names...

Thank you one and all for a great experience!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

It was a great time and the KC crew did a fabulous job.  It was fun seeing old friends and making new. Also got to see Shanon get proposed to.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Amyj

Thank you BUTCH!!!  You did an awesome job!!!  It was great to meet so many of you!  Bob and I had a great time.  (And for those of you who forgot to write it down, or it washed off you hands  ;) ..the rum is Rumchata)

Hope to see many of you in St. Louis soon!!!!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Merlin the Elder

Missy

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on October 14, 2013, 04:49:32 PM
It was a great time and the KC crew did a fabulous job.  It was fun seeing old friends and making new.

We all agree! My family & I had a great time and can't wait for the next rendezvous!!! what a great way to explore faires and meet new friends!

Lady Renee Buchanan

Huzzah to this year's KC's Rendezvous organizers!  What a magnificent job everyone did.  I think I can speak for everyone when I say it was wonderful how welcome you made all of us feel.

Loved, loved, loved the Friday night meet & greet with a ton of delicious food!  And the gift exchange was so much fun.  You have a beautiful faire.  You must be so proud of it, and deservedly so.  The entire cast, including vendors, was so kind and helpful, never acting as if giving directions (dang, that map is awful!!!) was a pain or an inconvenience.

And what a surprise to win Musical Men and get a prize!!!  Non-drinker that I am, I gave the pub crawl to Goody and LeAnn, but I got the goblets, which are beautiful, and I will give them to Steve and Matt, our son, when I see them.

I second what Merlin said about the concern for patrons.  I was pretty sick on Monday, and had 1 vendor insist that I sit and rest, and he wanted to bring me pillows and a blanket!  And another cast member saw me standing  in the lanes looking a little forlorn (lost again!), and he wanted to take me to First Aid.  Luckily, I didn't need anything more than a bench to rest on, so I declined both offers, but the fact they were so concerned meant a lot.

One negative -- darn it all, even after 3 days of looking, and plopping myself for 40 minutes on Monday in a prominent lane, I never met Gem!  Well, next time.....

Thanks again to all.  This Rendezvous was a total blast!   ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

iain robb

Halfway home, and I simply MUST add my thanks as well.  I will be more effusive after I am home and rested ...

Delireus

Ah! I have to say the biggest thank you of all to everyone! It was probably the greatest day of my whole life, my boyfriend proposed! Luckily we found a big group of all of you (I feel terrible, I didn't catch all of your names) and after lunch, Brandon proposed! He had someone take photos so we even have evidence! Crying, shocked, dumbfounded evidence!  I also got some photos of the musical men game on sunday, I'll post them soon.

Everyone was so incredibly nice, thank you all again for the cider, well wishes, and a great time!

- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Merlin the Elder

Congratulations to you, Delireus. We heard at dinner with Gauwyn, et al, that you had gotten proposed to!

Marietta Graziella

*pick me!*  I was there and saw the whole thing. What a joy to be a part of it all!

A marvelous weekend enjoyed. So glad to see many familiar faces as well as meeting a few new ones. Wish we'd had name tags because sadly, I don't remember everyone (Might've had something to do with the copious amounts of beer I drank on Saturday  ::) ).

Ian, I finished the first book in the car on the way home. Well into the second one now. :-)
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Norfolk

First and foremost to Butch:  What a magnificent job you did, my friend.  It is clear that you busted your buns over an extended period of time to make everything come together the way it did.

Next, to those to whom Butch delegated specific task:  Well done and THANK YOU.  It could would not have gone nearly as smoothly or been as much fun without your efforts.

Finally, to all of you who attended:  Thank all of you for a weekend of FABULOUS memories.  It was truly a pleasure to be in your company.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Ms Trish

Not sure how this is the Un-Official thread, but I want to throw in my heartfelt thanks for a fantastic weekend. Everyone who aided in making the 2013 RenDezVous come together did a fantastic job! It was great to meet new people and spend time with friends from afar. Your faire is beautiful!! I hope to visit again!

Congrats again to the newly engaged couple! It was an honor to be witness to the proposal!

And for the record, I returned Norfolk to the Duchess relatively unscathed and not broken!  ;)
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Ms Trish on October 16, 2013, 01:00:20 PM
Not sure how this is the Un-Official thread, but I want to throw in my heartfelt thanks for a fantastic weekend. Everyone who aided in making the 2013 RenDezVous come together did a fantastic job! It was great to meet new people and spend time with friends from afar. Your faire is beautiful!! I hope to visit again!

Congrats again to the newly engaged couple! It was an honor to be witness to the proposal!

And for the record, I returned Norfolk to the Duchess relatively unscathed and not broken!  ;)

I don't think my brother will ever be the same!!   :P
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on October 16, 2013, 01:05:59 PM
Quote from: Ms Trish on October 16, 2013, 01:00:20 PM

I don't think my brother will ever be the same!!   :P
My brother never was...   DAMN we had a lot of fun!

iain robb

Ah, finally home, and able to take a moment to relax on my soft red pointy-arrow pillowy thing ...

So I ought to take a moment and thank whoever put the soft red pointy-arrow pillowy thing into the white elephant gift exchange. I can honestly say it is not only the nicest soft red pointy-arrow pillowy thing I have ever owned, it is the nicest soft red pointy-arrow pillowy thing I have ever even seen. Thank you.

Butch and crew, Rendezvous was exceptional. From the Friday night meet-and-greet, complete with food and door prizes (even two of those awesome books, The House in the Old Wood) through Saturday's festivities, wow! Well done.

You also surprised me with the hotel arrangements. That is by far the nicest Super 8 I have ever been at -- and you don't want to hear about my last two experiences at a Super 8.

And the Faire. What a Faire. Wow. Impressive in every way.

When do we do this again?