News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

RenDezVous 2013 - Un-Official Thank You Thread!

Started by Merlin the Elder, October 14, 2013, 02:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norfolk

Quote from: Ms Trish on October 16, 2013, 01:00:20 PM
And for the record, I returned Norfolk to the Duchess relatively unscathed and not broken!  ;)

"Not broken", true.  However, to say "relatively unscathed" is going a bit too far.  She definitely left marks this weekend!

I am contemplating a new thread entitled "The Proud Members Of Ms. Trish's Harem".
Just call me "Your Grace"

Merlin the Elder

I thought you were going to pop a gasket Monday night, Your Grace!  ...but, I was busy having a great time with the Duchess! She is just delightful!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

William of Ware

It was another GREAT RenDezVous, #4 for me.  Thanks Butch and all the KCRF crew! You guys have a wonderful faire.   
Delireus, CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Glad to witness a special moment in your life.
It was great to see old friends, and make new ones as well.
I had a fun time getting there......WOW, was it worth it !!!!!
William of Ware
Ren Merc 616
6JR81  Jolly Roger DX Group

RenStarr

Sounds like all who were able to attend had a great time!!  Congrats to those who orgainized the event for the out of towners. 
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: William of Ware on October 17, 2013, 09:45:29 AM
It was another GREAT RenDezVous, #4 for me.  Thanks Butch and all the KCRF crew! You guys have a wonderful faire.   
Delireus, CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Glad to witness a special moment in your life.
It was great to see old friends, and make new ones as well.
I had a fun time getting there......WOW, was it worth it !!!!!

William - will you be posting any pics?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Norfolk

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on October 17, 2013, 06:25:04 AM
I thought you were going to pop a gasket Monday night, Your Grace!  ...but, I was busy having a great time with the Duchess! She is just delightful!

"Twould have been well worth TWO gaskets!

And yes, the Duchess is delightful!

Merlin the Elder

I forgot to mention that His Grace, Lord Norfolk is also a healer, and his assistance was most gratefully accepted after my Nimue twisted her ankle. Thank you again, good sir!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on October 17, 2013, 11:53:18 AM
I forgot to mention that His Grace, Lord Norfolk is also a healer, and his assistance was most gratefully accepted after my Nimue twisted her ankle. Thank you again, good sir!

My brother did not fall on her ankle did he?   :P
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin the Elder

Does he jump on ankles?!?  ...a Renaissance Ankle Jumper Onner?!?

Norfolk

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on October 17, 2013, 11:53:18 AM

You are more than welcome, Merlin.  I was happy to provide what little assistance I could under the circumstances.  And, please know that I was (1) probably as relived as you both were that the injury proved relatively minor, and (2) amazed at Nimue's recuperative powers.     

Merlin the Elder

With her being in the medical profession herself, she's a horrible patient—as you all are! (Medical fact). Trust me when I say that it wasn't as much recuperative powers as it was hard-headedness.

Luckily, she has a loving spouse that tries to take care of her...before she pushes me away to make me quit bothering her.  :P  I've been putting up with her for nearly 47 years. If this goes on too long, she's going to make me angry, and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...  ;D

She's seeing her GP today and is going to have her take another look.

Butch

Let me thank everyone for coming!  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

Also, let me thank my fantastic crew: Cap'n Hunnar Greybeard, Delirious, Gem, and Insidiousraven.  You were all very helpful, and tackled every task with gusto!  You all really made this event a success!  Also, thank-you to HunterRose13, kcdcchef, and Lord Paulet who were there for us in the early stages.  And finally, a big thank-you to the cast and crew of the KC Renaissance Festival who were all so giving and supportive of our event!

It was truly a lot of work, but it was good to see that the plans were successful, and we were able to show all of our "Travellers from Across the Sea" everything that the Lanes of Canterbury had to offer!  I hope each of you will consider visiting our shire again!

JoanofWrenwyck

Sir NoNoBadDog and I would like to ditto MERLINs response in spades.   This was  our first Rendezvous and our first trip to the Kansas City Faire.   We are so glad we didn't miss this as it was great....because of all the neat people we met!

We are hoping that we will see some of you at the AZ Faire this coming Spring, as we would like to be sure and hook up if any of you are coming.

Thanks so much Butch and Crew for hosting this event.  You were the best of HOSTS for this event.

Anon....Joni & Dave
Joni & David Aldrich, aka Lady Margaret Wyatt and Sir Anthony Lee

Capt Spleen

Huzzah and Cheers to Butch and all the KC organizers!
Well put together by all of you!
Thank you to InsideousRaven for checking everyone in Friday evening, the sweet sounds played for Musical Men both days.
Good to see everyone again, plus new friends made.

One of the best RenDezVous' I have ever attended!

....now onto the "Legends of RenDezVous" thread......

Merlin the Elder

One thing that I failed to mention... There was some serious outlay of funds to produce this event. The extraordinary medallions come to mind, along with the BBQ on Friday night... Whoever picked up the tab, I'd be more than happy to throw some money at you...I'm assuming it was Butch.  PM an address and I'll send you a check, Butch...