News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Feast tickets still on sale!

Started by Lord William, October 14, 2013, 05:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord William

Greetings everyone! So sorry it's been sooo long since I've posted anything... "life happens" and I guess it did to me.  :P Anyway, though it is short notice I thought I would post this anyway in case someone might still want to come. Our annual fund raiser feast is this Saturday (19th) and we still have tickets available. If you're local you can get them at the usual spot - Kennedy Douglass Center for the Arts (217 E. Tuscaloosa St) but if you're out of the area, then just drop an email to: bwarren@florencek12.org with how many you need and we can reserve them for you. Tickets are $25 and seating is limited to 200. The feast will be held at the Florence/Lauderdale Coliseum (702 E. Veterans Drive, Florence, AL 35631). Costumes not required, but admired. You can decorate your table, as the King will choose a favorite and give the winner(s) 2 free tickets to next years feast. Come in on Friday afternoon the 18th, or on Saturday and decorate. You can also try your hand to be the next King or Queen of the faire. It's totally voluntary, but if you're at least 16 or older, and agree to the faire guidelines, then you just might be next years King or Queen. It's totally random! :D

Here's the menu: (and as usual, it is subject to slight changes or variations)

An Irish feast...

Mixed Green Salad - Cabbage and kale tossed with nuts, bacon, and apples. Served with a carrot apple cider vinaigrette

Kale & Cream Soup - Cooked with a hint of salt and garlic

Berry Tea & Lemon Water - drinks

Slow Roasted Beef - Served over a grilled oat patty topped with a light and brothy gravy.
Served with Colcannon; a traditional Irish dish which contains boiled cabbage and potatoes seasoned with onions, garlic, and salt. Mixed with butter and cream
baby carrots in butter

Roasted & Salted Pork - roughly pulled & topped with a wild berry sauce. Served with wild berry compote & slow sautéed onions mixed with sugar and bacon

Fresh Bread - served with Garlic & Onion Butter

Apple Crumble - Apples baked with oats, sugar, cinnamon, and butter and topped with whiskey whipped cream