News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Stuff you find from last year's faire

Started by Valiss, July 08, 2008, 10:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

A large locket made of an intact clam shell bound with brass.  I bought it with the intention of making it into a mirror case with my pirate stuff, then misplaced it before I could glue in a mirror.  I'll use it this year.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

DonaCatalina

While sorting stuff to be put away until fall I can across a redwood lacquered tasting cup that I don't really remember buying.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Rowan MacD

You ever find stuff that folks asked you to hold onto for them, then you BOTH forgot you had it?
Now I just gotta remember to give it back when I see them this year..... ;)
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

VIII

The Queen bought me a jar of King's Candy (sweetened Jalapenos from the Pepper Lady) that I put on a shelf and forgot about.  It was August (my birthday month) when I found them.  I ate the whole jar with Pepper Jack cheese and Ritz crackers in 3 days... well... 2 days really.  Great reminiscence of Faire!
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

Merlin the Elder

When we returned from Scarby with what we thought were our first commemorative wine glasses from the Cat `n Fiddle wine tasting, I found another pair of the glasses in the cabinet. Neither of us remember when we got them. Did/do they sell those glasses in the souvenir shop?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

scarletnyx

I had remembered looking at a pouch at SWFF that had a locking mechasim on the front ( Lost my phone one night sitting around the Seven Sisters waiting for the fire dancers at end of Faire. Luckily someone picked it up, thought it was my husband's, and turned it into Lost and Found ) but I couldn't remember buying it. Took out my leather belt a few days ago to garb up around the house, and lo and behold not only was it sitting on my ring belt, but it also had my druid necklaces and sunscreen placed inside.

The things our minds choose to forget when it comes to faire.. I guess our harddrives have to make room for all those faire songs somehow.
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

DonaCatalina

I hope we're not all kleptomaniacs.  ;D
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

scarletnyx

Quote from: DonaCatalina on June 22, 2012, 10:22:13 AM
I hope we're not all kleptomaniacs.  ;D

If I am, I am a horrible one. I pass up taking numerous beautiful adornments, foods, artwork, dresses, hats, ect for a leather pouch that I think was around 15 bucks.

I shall have to chastise my subconscious roundly and tell it, " Garb first, leave the pouches for the weaker ones!"
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

LadyAsh

I wish I could find my first bodice that I bought from faire back in 2005. I seemed to have lost it last year when I bought a new one. Maybe it will pop up around the house somewhere, at least, that is what I am hoping. xD
"Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -Andrew Lloyd Webber

uncletimcobleigh

A 1943 steel penny in the previous season's tips.

lilaney

My son keeps leaving his 'sticks' around faire. I will find them on the ground predictibly throughout the days he is on site. I find it funny that so far, no one has bothered to 'ground score' them.
I think it is because they are nothing to most, but, mean something to him.
You would think... if they mean that much he'd watch them closer, but, he is a boy and Don Juan and Miguel and the Fire whip guy are very consuming.

arbcoind